Prologue

PROLOGUE

SHINOBU'S POV

I stood there dumbfounded, at the living room. Locking gazes with a guy with spiky dark hair and deep blue eyes.

"Uhm, where's mum?" I mumbled to myself. I just smiled at the guy, maybe he is my parents' visitor.

But he looks three or four years older than me though.

I curtsied as I walked away, and went towards the stairs. I just got home from the university, and I am still wearing my white nursing uniform.

"Oh, hello, Shinobu-san. I'm surprised you are here." Aoi bowed down as she saw me. I gave her a smile and nodded.

"Where is mum, by the way?" I asked.

"Oh, Mr. and Mrs. Kochou are at the restaurant reservation already..." She said, when she saw my confused face, she then said, "Uh, did Kanae tell you?"

"Uhm, about what?" I asked. What did my sister forgot to tell me?

"You are going to the restaurant... With the visitor." She said as she eyed the living room. I then looked at my back and took a clearer peek at him.

He is wearing a simple button-down shirt, with matching black necktie and slacks. His coat is resting at the couch and he folded is sleeves up to his elbows. He is looking through his phone, oblivious of my gazes darted towards him.

"Who is that by the way?" I asked Aoi, trying to minimize my voice.

"I have no idea, Shinobu-san. He went here with his car earlier, probably thirty minutes ago, looking for you." She said. "You don't know that person?" She asked.

I just nodded softly, wondering who might this person be.

"But, thank you, I'll just talk to him. Maybe he is my parents' friend."

Aoi bowed down as she left for the kitchen. I then grabbed a glass of water, as I fixed a few strands of my hair that are around my forehead.

I then walked towards the living room. As he felt my presence coming closer, he shot me a stare. He is looking up since he was sitting down at the couch.

I composed myself and gave him a warm smile.

"Hello, mister." I said, waving my hands in the air. "Uhm, who are you?" I wished that didn't sound rude or unwelcoming.

He stood up, looking unfazed and serious. He dusted off invisible dust off his slacks as he placed his coat on his left arm. He then extended his right hand in front of me and said something that bewildered me, "I am Tomioka Giyu, your fiancé, Kochou Shinobu."