Chapter 14

Chapter Fourteen

Mad

GIYU'S POV

What the hell happened?

I arranged my belongings on the coffee table while staring at her back as she walked up the stairs, stomping her feet as if she was angry about something.

I was cocking my head to the side, trying to figure out where I went wrong when I suddenly recalled that she had asked me to check my phone at regular times. When I opened my phone, I noticed that I had two new messages; the first was a reminder from my sister to buy her something when I visit her, and the second was from Kocho.

I felt a bolt of nervousness for no apparent reason as I pressed her message for me.

From Kocho

Hi! Let's have dinner together tonight! I'm cooking. :>

Great.

I sighed.

I shouldn't have joined Shinazugawa and Iguro at the ramen place. We had to stay up late to discuss school matters at the campus until it got terribly late that we decided to eat outside.

Well, it's my fault for not checking my phone.

I clenched my jaw. Trying to figure out how to apologize to her and explain the situation to her at the same time. I can't just walk up to her room right now and talk to her, we might end up in a heated argument. One thing I know about Kocho is that she loves arguing and doesn't want to back down.

Her smiles and cheerful demeanor are sometimes phony and cover ups. She loves concealing her feisty attitude.

Though, at sometimes, I see the real smiles come through.

I loosened my tie and then removed it entirely. As I made my way through the kitchen, I took off a couple of the buttons from the button-down shirt I was wearing. I looked at the table and saw there was no food. So, she must've placed it inside the fridge. I opened the fridge and saw two plates with pan-fried salmon.

Great, Tomioka. You just did great.

I got the food out from the fridge and placed it at the dining table. I sat at the dining table and began eating.

The food was seasoned well, though too salty for my liking. But it was good.

When I was about halfway through the meal, I started to reflect on how much I screwed up.

Even though I was busy, I shouldn't have been too busy to check in on my phone every so often.

The morning arrived, and I found myself up far sooner than I normally do. As a means of making amends with her, I chose to prepare her breakfast. However, when I went to check on her in her room,she wasn't there.

So, she went to school early, huh.

I sighed as I lazily placed the cooked breakfast inside the fridge and ate my toast before preparing myself for work.

She's really mad at me and I understand that.

I arrived at work and I went inside the faculty. All my fellow teachers were present and they were doing their own things.

I had a hectic schedule at school because their midterm examinations are coming up. I was giving them their monthly check up tests while preparing for the midterm exams. But despite the fact that I was keeping myself occupied, all I could think about was my fiancée.

How am I going to apologize?

"Good to see you here, Tomioka." the art class teacher greeted me as I entered the art studio at the university.