Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Date

A date?!

After hearing what he had said, I gave him a puzzled look. My face, which was once red from fury, is replaced with a flush of shock and an unknowing feeling deep inside.

"Huh?!" When I made eye contact with him, he avoided my gaze. His focus was unwaveringly on the road ahead. He's driving with his left hand on the wheel and his right on the gear.

W-Why is he taking me on a date?

I mean, it's nothing wrong, right? We're... engaged! So it's fine. Fiancé can take their fiancées on dates, and vice versa.

We are getting married for god's sake, so this is normal. Why is this making me feel so flustered?!

He cast a glance at me, and our eyes met. He cut off our eye contact and looked back at the road.

"W-Where?" I asked, flustered for no reason. Why am I feeling this way?!

His Adam's apple twitched, but he said nothing.

The ride was smooth, and all I could think of was how my heart was pounding and how my stomach was buzzing.

In the midst of the ride, he suddenly asked, "You don't have any other schedule?"

I glared at him, "You finally talked, huh, Tomioka-san."

I didn't earn a response from him, so I answered his question.

"I don't. Now answer me, Where are we going?"

"A date. The two of us." That's it, and the ride went on.

We've reached what seems to be a members-only establishment. A lengthy entrance led us to the buildings, which were arranged around a massive fountain. Tomioka paused at the doorway to the building and turned to face me.

"Let's go." He said. I consciously looked at what I was wearing—my all-white nursing uniform.

"We are going to this fancy place while I am wearing this?!" I pointed.

He looked at me, then at the back seat. He got off the driver's seat, and I gruffed in annoyance.

Wow! That guy is just impossible!

Before I could get off the passenger seat, he opened the door at the back and got something.

"Wear this, then." He gave me a similar trench coat as before. I rolled my eyes and put it on, and suddenly it felt like I was in a cloud of Tomioka. It smelled so much like him that it intoxicated me.

"Let's go." He nodded. He gave his keys to a valet driver and walked away.

I clenched my teeth in frustration at his 'very gentlemanly' abandonment of me. He didn't even bother waiting for me!

Just as I picked up the pace to get by him, he turned around and came to me. Before I could say anything, he reached over and placed his right hand over my left one.

The fury that had caused my face to flush red had abruptly been replaced by something else. It matched the rapid rate of my heart, and I found myself unable to take a deep breath. I saw that his hand was somewhat larger than mine, but it seemed to fit mine as if it had always been sculpted that way.

I looked up to look at him, but his face was dead serious as usual, but his Adam's apple kept moving, as if something bothered him.

As we entered the building, a strange sensation began to develop in me, but I tried to ignore it. Well, to say it's beautiful would be an understatement. The interior was enormous and magnificent. My family enjoyed the finer things in life, so I've had the opportunity to travel extensively to lavish places throughout my life. Nonetheless, I've never been to a place like this before.

The decor featured deep purple, silver, and black tones. Wisteria, jasmine, and some other luxury fragrance I can't put my finger on filled the air. Glass covered the floors like it was a resin coating. Atop the tallest of the black pillars was a stunning silver chandelier, and the room was decorated with intricate carvings. And we are still in the foyer.

"What is this place?"

"Aponi."

"Huh?"

He flickered his gaze at me. "Aponi Estate. It's a place that reminds me of you."

"Why?" I muttered.

"You'll see." We walked toward a long hallway. There were people who wished us a good day, and I responded back while Tomioka only nodded at them.

We paused at a set of double doors, and a woman kindly opened them for us. What I found beyond those doors completely floored me.

It was a greenhouse. Many butterflies were in the air, numbering in the hundreds.

"Oh, my god..." I looked around at the entire verdant area, and I was mesmerized. I was taken aback. I don't know what to say or do. This is everything. It is so beautiful.

"This is the butterfly sanctuary on Aponi Estate. This is actually one of the many things to see here. It's a members-only society establishment with plenty of interesting stuff."

"I want to live here." I murmured.

I've always been so fascinated with butterflies, ever since I was a kid. It was inconceivable to me that something so stunning could exist here on Earth. One surprising fact that I have known since I was a kid is that they were blind to their own wings. They have no idea of their true beauty.

One time, at nursing school, during biology class, we were asked to dissect a butterfly, and I mourned for that poor creature for three weeks.

"Come, let's eat our early dinner."

"Oh, alright." As we approached the far end's entrance, I nodded quietly and glanced around.

Once inside, we could still see the butterflies because the walls were made of glass. We took seats at a table for two along one of the walls. Tomioka got the menu, and it was an eight-course meal.

"How did you find out about this?" When I turned to face him, I saw that he was staring.

"My parents." He simply said. I nodded.

There was complete stillness around us as a live piano played softly in the distance. It must have been too early for supper, because we were the only ones there.

"I'm sorry." He suddenly broke the silence. I raised my brow to ask him when I understood where it was coming from. "I... I should have looked at my phone. I'm sorry."

I sighed. "I'm sorry too for being rude."

"No, it's alright."

"It's not. I'm sorry. I just..." I bit my lower lip and looked away. "I just felt like wanting to eat dinner with you that day. It quite bummed me when... you didn't show up."

I felt his warm hand covering mine that was resting on the table, and my eyes landed on it.

"Yeah... I'm sorry. Let's have more suppers together." He said that, and I looked at him. I couldn't explain why, but I feel so different.

No... No. I couldn't be falling for my fiancé.