Chapter 5

Chapter Five

Late

I woke up late because the surroundings were so dark. I was used to Aoi opening my curtains at the mansion and the blinding sunlight would irritate me and force me to wake up. I forgot that I am not anymore at the mansion.

I rushed my way towards the bathroom and tried to do all my routines quickly. After that I rushed downstairs to grab a bite of bread. Giyu was sitting at the breakfast table. In front of him was a cup of tea and two toasts. He was holding a book in his right hand.

When he heard my footsteps, he looked up to me.

I hastily went to the toaster and toasted some bread. I patiently waited while trying to fill up my water bottle. I can feel his eyes darted towards him so I gave him a, 'What-do-you-want' look. He just ignored my expression and resumed reading. I rolled my eyes in the air.

This man is so silent that it makes me want to piss him off.

"Good morning, Tomioka-san." I said while waving my hands in the air.

"Morning." He said simply.

"How's your morning, Tomioka-san?"

"It hasn't even started yet, how can I give you an answer, Kocho?" He said without even giving me a glance. I just smiled at him.

I grabbed my toast and stuffed it in my mouth. "Bye!" I said as I walked out from the house.

I drove my way towards my university. I'm silently muttering a prayer because I am fifteen minutes late.

"Shinobuuu!" Someone's voice echoed throughout the hallways. It was Mitsuri's. "Gosh you are also late! Yay!" She said. I chuckled at waited for her to catch up to my steps. "I stayed up late last night watching mukbangs!" She told me while munching on her strawberry mochi. "How about you? You were never late!"

"I'm already staying at the house." I said in a low tone, looking around.

She covered her mouth and squealed. "Oh my!!! How was he? How was he?" She said excitedly. I 'shush' her. She nodded repeatedly while grinning.

"We didn't really talk that much! And that's good." I said.

She sighed dramatically, "When will I ever meet mine?!" Mitsuri said while looking up.

"Don't rush it." I said while smiling. She looked at me and nodded.

"I'm just... I'm just so lonely!!! All I ever have are crushes." She said. She then proceeded on talking about her crushes and I listened to her.

Mitsuri is really fun to be with. She balances us out. I am silent and calm but she brings out the chaotic side of me sometimes.

"So yes! I don't like him anymore. I moved on from him!" She said dramatically after narrating me how this one guy turned her off. I giggled because it was really funny.

We finally reached our room and thank goodness the professor wasn't there, but they were doing an activity.

The whole day, I was so busy that I forgot to buy and eat lunch. I drove home late because I was finishing my tasks and arrived at the mansion. I walked towards our kitchen and grabbed a cereal and milk. I was reading my handouts when Aoi arrived at the kitchen.

"Oh! Shinobu-san, you are here!" She seems so surprised that I am here.

"Yes, why? I just arrived home." I said while feeding myself a handful of cereal.

"I mean, why are you here?" She asked while emphasizing the 'you'.

"Uhhh, why? Shouldn't I be here?"

"You were supposed to be with your... Fiancé." She said. I choked on my cereal and I coughed a few times. Aoi went beside me and soothed my back a few times. "I'm so sorry, Shinobu-san! I'm so sorry." She said.

I drank the water she handed me. "It's fine." I said, assuring her. I hastily packed up my things inside my bag. I glanced at wrist watch and saw it almost nine in the evening.

I walked towards our carpark and opened my car. I arranged my things at the back of the seat and started driving towards my house. I stopped by at a drive thru to buy food because I am starving.

Should I buy food for Giyu? He is probably asleep now because he has work tomorrow.

As I was reading the menu at the drive thru, I was thinking of messaging him. We actually don't message each other often, or at all... I guess.

Anyways, I'll just buy him some take out so he can heat these up tomorrow morning.

After ordering I drive my way towards our home.

Our home.

I shook my head to clear my mind of some bizarre thoughts.

I arrived at the gates and saw that the living room's light is still open.

So, he is still awake.

It's already nine thirty in the evening. I parked my car beside his and grabbed my bag and food.

I opened the door and Tomioka was sitting at the living room couch with a few books plastered at the coffee table. He is reading one while sipping on coffee or tea, but I doubt that it's coffee.

"Oh, you are awake." I said.

"Where have you been?" He asked.

I placed the food at the breakfast table. "I bought food." I said.

"I asked where have you been." He said not even looking at me.

"Uh, I went to the mansion." I told him.

"Okay." He said.

"There's food by the way, I bought you some."

He just ignored me. I rolled my eyes. I grabbed a slice of pizza and ate it. I then placed the box of pizza inside the fridge, he can heat this up if he is hungry.

I grabbed my things to go to my room. When I was at the staircase he suddenly spoke up.

"It's already late, you could've just stayed and slept at the mansion." He said, then he packed up his books and walked towards me. I kept my gaze fixed on him as he walked up to his room, and my heart hammering for no apparent reason.