Chapter 4

The ball was tomorrow but I was getting the full makeover today for them to tweak and experiment on my makeup, dress, and accessories.

"W-wait, we've been focusing on me for the past hour! What about Eleanor!?" I exclaimed tired from all the putting and removing makeup and dresses.

"How sweet~ But there's no need to worry about me, little sister~ I was prepared a few days ago!" She said happily pulling my hair back into a new hairdo.

"Urk!" And that was basically my whole day until the ball...

-----------

Today was the day of the ball and I can say with confidence that the time spent was worth it.

I was a bit surprised as to how much skin I was allowed to show. I was wearing a flowy, mermaid gown that had a small train, a chain around my neck connected to the thin silver chain straps of my off-shoulder gown with detached, free, light, flowing bell sleeves. The gown was put on tight to show off my curves and decorated with real diamonds that were the size of a rhinestone. The gown's top was a deep navy blue that faded to a light blue then a snow white.

My hair was tied into a beautiful messy side bun decorated with diamonds and silver chains.

I suggested the chains, hair, and light makeup for a more elegant look.

And I also suggested something extra for Eleanor. She was wearing another mermaid dress but hers was a deep red rose that faded to white.

Her hair was decorated in gold chains and red crystal roses, as it flowed down freely to her waist.

"You look so beautiful, sister," I said with a smile.

"I know," she said laughing as she pat my head.

The prince's arrival was grand and filled with fanfare as a woman with grey hair and deep red eyes clung sweetly to his arm.

My sister glared as I pat her hand reassuringly. I couldn't care less. I was never intrested in dating in the first place.

I watched as they danced together. They looked like the perfect couple that came straight out of a fairytale.

I went to the food table with Eleanor in tow complaining about how I was more beautiful than some red eyed she demon.

I laughed as we ate our sweets blissfully.

"Um, my lady? May I have this dance?" I turned my head to see the younger brother of the count.

"Sir Carter? Oh, I'm afraid I cannot dance with you," I said with a troubled look on my face.

Even if my fiancé was dancing with another woman I couldn't ruin my image by dancing with another man.

"How daring of you to ask a betrothed woman to dance, sir Carter," said my sister as she spread out her fan intrigued.

"L-Lady Eleanor? O-oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize--, you must be lady Madeline?" He said shyly.

I nodded my head cheerfully and bowed slightly, "Yes, I am lady Madeline,"

He stood there shocked. "I-I'm so sorry I had no idea--"

"No idea? I'm sure you've heard rumors about my beloved sister, she's been a hot topic as of late," said Eleanor probing.

"I-I'm sorry again, I'll just leave," he said trying to escape this awkward situation.

"Wait," I stopped him.

I approached him slowly then examined him. "You must be new to the school, correct? Why don't I show you around sometime? I'll wait for you tomorrow at tea time in the library, don't be late," I smiled as I walked back to Eleanor.