Chapter 5

Eleanor looked at her fiancé lovingly as Cameron blushed at her stare.

I giggled and we talked amongst ourselves occasionally a few young men asking me for a dance before being deflected by Cameron and Eleanor.

"Your younger sister is adorable, Eleanor," he said patting my head.

I laughed as me and Eleanor agreed in unison.

The party ended without a hitch and we all parted ways.

Unknown to anyone, Madeline had attracted the attention of both the prince and the man in the mask who both kept their eyes locked on her.

As soon as I got home mother and father were already waiting for us in the dining room. We had told them many stories of the ball but after a little while I felt tired and retired early.

"I think not only Madeline has changed, Eleanor," said their mother.

Eleanor looked at the table and fiddled with her thumbs.

"Well, I think I was just a tad overprotective of her... But now I see, she doesn't need me to protect her anymore," Eleanor smiled.

"Now you can focus more on that fiancé of yours," smiled her father slyly.

"Father!" Eleanor shrieked turning 50 shades of pink.

They laughed and all went to their bedrooms to rest...

--------------

I woke up early and went straight to the kitchen to make leche flan.

Ever since I reincarnated I didn't want to lose touch with who I was before, so I loved making filipino cuisine like this each day. Everyone seemed to enjoy my cooking and sweets.

I taught the chefs how to make sinigang, adobo, dinuguan as I made puto bong bong and other sweets.

"Ah, my lady, early as always," greeted the head chef.

"Hello, Sir Adrian," I bowed politely.

"Ah, how many times are you going to call me sir? I'm no knight," he said laughing heartily.

It was a habit. I was raised to respect those older than me by saying po and addressing those older than me 'kuya' or 'ate' and I wasn't quite comfortable calling them by just their names when their clearly my elder.

More and more of the assistant chefs started arriving and I had to go to the breakfast table to join my family but not before visiting my garden.

My garden meant a lot to me since it had many fruits and vegetables that were from a different country but were very familiar to me like sampalok, calamansi and other different spices to use for my cooking.

While at the breakfast table Eleanor had suggested that I opened a restaurant featuring my special dishes

And my parents had supported the idea and I agreed but in a few days I would have to return to school and wouldn't be able to go there much.

Today we had to go visit the school since from now on I will be staying in the dorms.

Though my parents protested, it was about time I made some connections with other nobles and Eleanor would be there to help me as well.

As we arrived at the school I noticed Prince Sorin and Miss Odessa hand in hand walking into school.

I got out of the carriage and walked past them without a second glance as Eleanor briefly nodded towards them coldly.

"Madeline, what are you doing here?" He said stopping me.

"From now on I will be living in the dorms with Eleanor," I said plainly.