Chapter 11

"Sorin, please, dry your tears," I said gently pushing him away.

He was a lot taller than me so I had to tip toe a little to wipe his tears.

"I can see that you are being truthful and want to spend more time with me. But are you sure you can do that with your busy schedule?" I asked in fake worry.

He smiled, "What else could I make time for if not for you?" he said taking my hand and pressing it against his cheek, looking like a lost puppy.

He just feels guilty is all... Maybe he'll do me a favor and go back to Odessa later...

"Then I look forward to your efforts," I said taking my hand away.

I turned to leave as he called me again.

"Madeline?" he called.

I turned back as he kissed my cheek.

I was shocked and even felt slightly embarrassed in a bad way.

He laughed at my reaction and walked away.

"That-- ugh, potato," I mumbled angrily kicking a stone.

That was uncomfortable, awkward, awful and slightly disgusting...

I need a bath...

"AH! Carp..." I screamed as an angry Eloise greeted me the moment I opened my door.

"So how'd it go?" He asked impatiently tapping his finger on his arm.

"It went fine... Could you go to Emma's room just for a little bit? I just want to take a bath," I pleaded.

He then took off his black mask to reveal his gem like eyes. One was pink and one was gold.

"What do you feel about me?" He asked seriously.

I shrugged, "You have nice eyes?"

He froze in shock.

"Aren't you afraid?" he asked.

"Of what?" I asked back.

"... Do you really not know?..."

"That you're related to the elf king? Seems pretty obvious to me," I retorted tiredly, waiting for him to go away.

He was completely baffled.

"I can destroy the whole world and you don't even bat a lash?!" he exclaimed.

"If you wanted to, you would've done it by now. Instead, you work at the magic tower, your sole job is to protect this land and you think I'm afraid?" I raised a brow.

"Are you not even shocked?" He asked, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"A little, but could you leave now?" I asked again.

"Ughhhh-- wait... Alright... I'll leave..." He said seeming like he suddenly had an epiphany.

He jumped of the balcony as I rushed in panic.

"Aww, so you do care," he said floating up to meet my gaze.

"You-- You-- You could've left this whole time!?" I screamed.

"Not the whole time, but do look forward to seeing me again, Angel," he winked.

I screeched as loud as I could as several servants rushed into my room.

"What is, my lady!?" They all scrambled.

"It's nothing, I thought I saw a bug," I said, hiding my seething anger.

They all sighed in relief as I went to finally take a bath.

"Men... What a headache..."

-------------------