In Love With An Alien - The Truth

Chapter 12 – The Truth

“Rogue’s in trouble.” Xavier announced after almost an hour of silence.

“Is he now?” I said sarcastically, didn’t I warn him going with violet was a bad idea! Let him be in trouble I don’t care.

“We have to hurry or he might die.” Xavier added and drove faster down the empty road.

“What.” I almost shouted sitting up straight. “Where is he? Can we help him?” I asked in an anxious voice.

“Yes I’ve got a trace on him.” Xavier said but there was a worried look on his face, “rogue thought perhaps you might be telling the truth, but there was no way to find out until he tricked them into believing he was on their side.” Xavier explained. “I can’t believe violet is what you say she is, why would she want to stop us from saving everyone.” He punched the staring wheel in frustration.

“Xavier you have to tell me everything, I need to know exactly what is happening, what are you guys and why are you here.” I asked. I needed to know the truth before I died from not knowing.

“Let’s find Rogue and I promise I’ll tell you everything you need to know ok.” He promised, I nodded in agreement and settled down to relax but quickly remembered that Rogue’s life was in danger and started fidgeting again.

Two minutes later we came to a halt in front of an abandoned warehouse, Xavier got down, brought out guns and handed one to me. The gun was heavier than I thought it would be.

“Er Xavier I don’t know how to shoot a gun.” I told him sheepishly, Rogue was in trouble, he probably needed my help and I didn’t know how to shoot a gun.

“It’s really easy.” Xavier said and demonstrated quickly how to fire a weapon. “Got it.” he asked after the demonstration.

“I think so.”

“Let’s go.” He grabbed my hand and we went storming into the warehouse, from a distance we heard people arguing

“You’re insane woman.” I heard Rogue yelling.

“I’ sorry but I can’t have you messing things up.” Violet replied, then I saw her preparing to fire.

“Xavier do something.” I hissed at him forgetting I had a gun myself.

He nodded and pointed the gun at violet but one of the guys behind violet shifted his position in the last minute and got hit with the bullet instead. From there everything was chaos, gun shots flying everywhere, people screaming and muttering curses.

From my hiding position I saw one of violet’s goons throwing a silver canister on the ground, it wasn’t long before, the whole room was enveloped with blue smoke, I saw violet and her goons escaping through the back door, but I didn’t think rogue and Xavier saw them because they were blindsided.

I wasn’t so stupid that I was about to go after them alone, especially when I had a wounded shoulder.

“Xavier…..where’s Reese.” Rogue shouted.

“I’m here.” I shouted in a random direction because I didn’t know where he was.

“Are you ok.” he asked his voice full of concern.

“Yeah am ok.” I replied.

‘We need to find our way out of here; the gun shots must have attracted some attention.” Xavier advised.

We had to wait for a couple of minutes for the smoke to clear so that we could find our way out. Outside it had begun to rain, I didn’t know if it was rogue doing it or not.