Personal matters

It's been several days since that incident, and I was unconscious for about one and a half of those days due to severe fatigue. Plus there was the matter of my healing factor being completely exhausted, rendering me unable to heal from the internal bleeding I sustained from using overdrive. Luckily I had finally awoken, leaving me rested and able to heal from the severe injuries I sustained. Plus I finally got a visit from grandma and Yuzuki.

"So....you had to go overdrive?" Grandma questioned

"I'm sorry...I know you told me not to a while ago, but I would've died had I not"

"I understand that, but do you see now the cost that overdrive has?"

"I guess but...why did you never tell me how to deactivate it in the first place?

"Well..I didn't want you to start using it as a clutch as when in a desperate situation. But I guess it couldn't be helped. For that, I must apologize"

"It's alright, I made it out alive. But....don't keep secrets like that again, okay?"

"Of course"

Just then the doctor came in the room to make an announcement

"Let's see..Kaoru Shirogane, it seems you've made a quicker recovery than we had anticipated. Unfortunately there is some permanent scaring on your chest and face, but other than that I think you're good to go" she said

"Thank you doctor. What of my classmates?"

"Most of them are fine, though a few were badly poisoned due to a villain with a gas quirk. However Midoriya-san seemed to get the worst of it, honestly I'm surprised he didn't die"

I sighed knowing damn well what he did "and what of my classmate Momo?"

"Yaoyorzu-san was injured, but it was nothing too severe. I suggest checking on your injured peers on your way out"

"Will do, thanks"

And with that, I'm up and at 'em once again. I headed to Momo's room first since she was closer, and sure enough, she had a big bandage around her head. "Heya Momo" I greeted her as I entered the room.

"Oh hello Kaoru, looks like you survived after all" Momo said, sounding very relieved

"Yeah..sorry to make you worry, I was pushed to limits that I didn't even know I had" I half chuckled, rubbing my nape. "It seems that everyone didn't get busted up too bad though, apart from Izuku"

"That's true. Although there is Bakugo"

"What about him?"

"You haven't heard? The villains kidnapped him right towards the end of their attack. They wanted to get Tokoyami as well, but we got him back at the last moment" she explained

"Bakugo got kidnapped?? Damn-, where would they even begin to look for him?"

"Well, with the help of Awase from 1-B, we managed to put a tracking device on one of the Nomu that attacked. However...me and a few others intend to do more"

"More? What do you mean?"

"Well I was approached by Kirishima and Todoroki, and they asked if I wanted to join them to search for Bakugo. I agreed because...well, it's frustrating not being able to do more than just track down our enemies. So this is an opportunity I can't refuse. Actually, they were gonna approach you about it, but you were still unconscious, so they asked me to do it."

"Ah gotcha...well, I can definitely understand where they're coming from, but this is too far. During the attack I encountered the strongest villain I've face so far; my own father. I tried to run, but he caught me. So I was forced to fight. I don't want that kinda situation to happen again, nor happen to anyone else, therefore, I'm not on board with this."