all for one, and one for all

At long last, the exam was over. Everyone was able to change out of their hero costumes and wait for the results, we were all very eager to see how we did.

"phew, that was good. I'd say we make a good team am I right?"

"Mhm! I'm just worried I made some mistakes."

I nodded in agreement. "I'm sure we all did though. It was our first time after all."

"Okay everyone....thanks for your hard work in today's exam." The announcer caught everybody's attention. "Before I announce the results, I should probably explain the way we evaluated you. Between the HUC and us of the Public Safety Commission, we have a two-folded merit system that we use to determine your scores. In other words, we evaluated you based on how many mistakes you made in a crisis situation."

"Something tells me that Todoroki and Yoarashi-san made quiet a few."

"Anyway...the names of those who passed are here, in alphabetical order. Keep my words in mind as you search the screen for your name." With that we all started searching for our names to see if we passed.

"C'mon....Shirogane....Shirogane....AHA! Right there!" I was excited to find my name there to say the least.

As for the rest of the class, we were so freaking close to all of us passing, however, there were two who didn't, and who they are may surprise you (or not it you've seen this arc, and I assume you did considering you're reading this story). Todoroki and Bakugo failed.

"Todoroki!" Yoarashi approached. "I'm sorry! It's my fault that you didn't pass the exam! I was too narrow-minded, forgive me!" He apologized while bowing at an concerningly rapid pace.

"You're fine. I was the one that got us off to a bad start."

"But still-"

"And thanks to the things you said, I have a lot to think about."

"Holy crap, did he really fail?" Ashido was in disbelief

"How could our top two classmates not past the exam?" Sero asked.

"Arrogance and narrow-mindedness on one hand, ego and bad attitude on the other hand." I explained

"Should have been more careful with what you said." Kaminari told Bakugo smugly. "Words are important, you know."

Bakugo then glared at him with a murderous intent. "Shut your mouth before I murder you!"

"Those entitled people at the top think so highly of themselves don't they?" Mineta said. "Their egos are their worst enemy! Looks like out class hierarchy is collapsing!"

"For once I actually agree with you grape head." I said. "Even though wouldn't consider myself towards the bottom of the class, this presents a great opportunity to reach the top knowing our main two heavy hitters failed."

"So next we'll give you your results." The announcer said. "They include a breakdown of your scores, so you'll know exactly what areas you need to improve going forward."

"Shirogane." An exam official gave me my score.

"We lobbed off points when you did something wrong. Fall below 50 and you're done." The accouncer explained.

"84, pretty good. I'm guessing the point reduction was for when I was standing around." I was satisfied with my results.

"I ended with 80." Said Iida. "Over on my weak points were in practical applications."