Chapter Four

Chapter Four

"Welcome back to the Ball around the Sun podcast and if you missed the first half of the segment then here's a recap. We talked about life on the court with our two guests: Derrick Rose and Leandro Ball and now on our second half of the segment we will be talking about life off the court,"

"So, gentlemen you two are in high profile relationships with some of the most famous women on the planet. How does that work?"

"What do you mean how does that work? It works like any other relationship," Derrick answered.

"I mean does it effect your relationship since your partners are also famous; how do you make the relationship work?"

"Oh for me, I've been with Kassie since before I made into the league so I don't think it affected us but we do something get comments like oh she brought his career or she's only with him because he's a basketball player, you know but it's like hey she was with me before I was a NBA player matter of fact she encouraged me to keep playing when I lost motivation to keep playing while in college," Leandro answered.

"I've met Kassie, and our wives hung out when they run into each other and she's one of the sweetest girls who definitely support the hell out of whatever you want to do, she helped me with my limited clothing collection and I think once you look past the fame you see the real person and it makes it worth it like oh my girl is famous but at home she's herself," Derrick said.

"Yup, and Rose is a great girl too. I think people think as athletes we just go after the baddest chicks well I can't speak for every men in the league but I know from conversations Derrick and I have had in past we definitely went after women who empowered us," Leandro said.

"It's all about being a team on and off the court with your partner," Derrick said.

"Now, Leandro, I know you just welcomed a baby boy with Kassie; how does it feel to be a dad and is there plans for more kids?"

"Plans? Would I want to have more kids? I would, definitely. It would certainly be nice for Leovanni to have a sibling or three. Yeah, it would be. I think since Kassie and I are have so many siblings it only makes sense for Leovanni to not be an only child but as for being a dad I love it; I was nervous as hell when Kassie told me she was pregnant because I was worried it would be too much pressure and what if I'm not a good dad but once I held him in my arms I was like oh yeah it's us against the world," Leandro answered.

"I know that feeling and Derrick will you and Rose have kids anytime soon?"

"We want to get married first and once the season is over; I think we'll start trying but I'm ready and I know Rose is too because she will be an amazing mother, she wants children, I can't wait to see what type of mother she will be," Derrick answered.