Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Kassie had asked Tina to accompany her on a shopping trip for the kids. Plus she really wanted to talk to Tina about the conversation she had with Leandro about Kassie being distant.

They were in Beverly Hills, having a blast inside Petit Tresor together. They were both laughing and having fun picking out all of the different baby items.

Kassie bought several pink products at both Petit Tresor and Couture Kids, like a rocking chair and a variety of stuffed animals, including elephants.

They decided to go for lunch and that's when Kassie brought up the conversation.

"So, Leandro told me about the conversation you had with him and I honestly feel as though you should have come to me and told me how you feel instead of telling Leandro," Kassie told Tina.

Tina frowns as silence forms between us. The waiter comes with our food. I stare at Tina, waiting for her response.

"First of all, I'm always going to talk to my son about you, but not in a malicious way. That conversation was not meant to be malicious toward you, Kassie, I just wanted to know did my family and I offend you because you haven't talked and come around as often as you used to since we got back from Kylie's birthday trip," Tina said.

Kassie sighed.

"You don't spend much time with us and I feel like when Leandro comes to visit us with the kids without you it's like you don't want to be around us. We... especially you and I have always been close, you're like the daughter I never had so my feelings are extremely hurt by your behavior but if I'm overreacting then please tell me," Tina said.

"Honestly, I never meant to hurt you or anyone's feelings. I've just been overwhelmed with everything and just wanted to myself. When Leandro takes the kids to visit you guys without me it's to give me a break. I'm sorry," Kassie said.

"I would have completely understood that if you had just reached out to us," Tina said.

"I'll do better and hopefully in the future, we can communicate with each other better," Kassie said.

"I hope so too, I just want you to come around like you used to," Tina said.

"And I will," Kassie said.