Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

A lot has changed for Kassie and Leandro's family. They went from two to four children within a year and now they face a possible NBA trade. They had just finished building their home in Chicago but rumors of Leandro possibly being traded had them on ten.

Kassie was stressed out. She felt like they built the house for nothing and now they may have to sell it.

Leandro was working hard to show that he was needed in Chicago, despite spending the first month lacking explosion due to off-season knee surgery.

Since coming back to his old physical norm, Leandro has shown an increased ability to finish plays at a high level, be that on or off the ball.

Kassie is hoping because Leandro is widely considered one of the best scorers in Bulls history and has provided the team with elite offense and highly efficient play that the team keeps him and a better team around him.

Kassie was losing her mind so she decided to go talk to someone who knew exactly what she was going through. Kassie walked into an upscale restaurant in Chicago and is seated at a table.

Outside the restaurant, Thea is getting out of the back of a car. She tells the driver to park before she makes her way into the restaurant. The hostess leads her to Kassie's table.

"Kassie!" Thea squealed.

Kassie stands up and smiles, she hugs Thea.

"Oh, you look good," Kassie tells Thea.

She smiles.

"I have to keep up with my ball sister so I try my best!" Thea says.

Kassie laughs.

"We have to represent the Ball Empire well," Kassie said.

The two women sit.

"So, what's up?" Thea asked Kassie.

Kassie frowns as she places a napkin on her lap, and tears off a piece of bread, spreading butter on it.

"There is so much going on, Thea -- I don't even know where to start like we're selling our Washington home, Leandro may be getting traded, my mom feels like I should be doing more, I'm fighting with my sisters because they want me to contribute more to our family show, and we just built a house that we may not be able to live in," Kassie tells Thea.

"Whew, that sounds stressful I know you are going through it," Thea says as she glances up from looking at her menu.

Kassie pouts.

"Like I feel like I'm going through this alone and I don't want to add any more stress on Leandro because he needs to focus and show the bulls why they need him in Chicago but I'm low-key losing it, Thea," Kassie said.

"You and Leandro should not be bothered by trade talk. Leandro has been killing it lately but still, you should be prepared to pack up just in case, I say keep the Chicago house and rent it out until something happens," Thea said.

Kassie nods.

"So, what's been going on with you? How's Lennox?" Kassie asked Thea.

"He's amazing but I've realized I'm not having any more kids. He will be an only child," Thea answered.

Kassie raises her eyebrow.

"Why?" Kassie asked.

Kassie and Thea thank the waiter as he presents and pours them a bottle of wine.

"I don't know how you do it with four kids but I'm overwhelmed by just the one I have," Thea answered as she takes a sip of her wine.

"I think you're experiencing Postpartum depression," Kassie says as she looks at Thea with worry in her eyes.