12

Hailee

I was back at Arlene's house; it had been two weeks since I was last here. Work kept me busy before the Holidays came, we had so much to do. I hardly had time to get home and get some sleep. Our messages had also gotten shorter and shorter, I felt our relationship drifting, falling apart, but maybe it was for the best. It did hurt that I was not communicating with her as much, I missed our days together and I missed seeing her at work.

I turn the corner from one of the rooms and the beautiful view of the patio came into view, Arlene was in the patio leaning over her glass balcony looking out the city.

She straightened up and turned to look at me, she took a deep breath, "It's been a while."

"Yeah."

"How's work?" She was leaning on the glass fence, "have you guys started filming some Holliday scenes?"

"No, not yet. I think that's next week, it's exciting though." I smiled at her, she gave me a light smile.

"Yes, Holliday scenes are the best, I like to create them, I hope whoever is in charge this time around they make them as great as I did." She smiled at me.

"I will definitely tell you how it's going," I took a step closer to her, "is it me or this is very awkward?"

She went and got more of what she was drinking, "I, I don't know."

I walked to her, "maybe it is letting us know it's something we should not ignore?" I was close enough to smell her breath, she was drinking whiskey. I know I just said it was best to keep away, but my mind and body had other plans. Being here made me rethink things, maybe we could be something.

She took a step back, "I will try to ignore it because, 'this'," she motioned us two, "this cannot happen, you're a celebrity, you have your own life, I don't belong in your world." She turned to walk away but I grabbed her hand, at first, she didn't want to look back at me.

"Please let me decide that for myself," I got closer to her, she took a step back and let go of my hand.

"Remember I said your kind does not hang out with me? You are a star, famous, celebrity, and I am not." She drank from her glass.

I looked at her confused, "what?! You're a top designer and you're in a lot of these MCU movies, you're a well knows artist." I threw my hands in the air in frustration, "you are an inspiration to many young artists, you inspire me to keep going. Look at you, you have a broken hand, but that's not letting it stop you, you keep doing what you love. You are someone huge in my life, people's lives." I was pacing in her patio now.

"Yea but look at me hiding behind my paintings."

"What are you talking about? Don't belittle yourself because you're not being followed by paparazzi, having your picture taken when you're just trying to get some fresh air, or what we go through." I threw my hands in the air in frustration again, "Do you know how I wish my life was a little less crazy?"

"I'm sorry, I am sure your life is very hectic. But maybe it's for the best, you should spend less time here, this is not good. I care for you, what will your media say if they see you with me?"

"We're not doing anything wrong, we just hanging out?"

Maybe hanging out wasn't the best answer, she looked hurt.

"Right," she finished her drink and went to refill it, "what I been imagining, what has been happening between us has only been me," she took a long sip, and she looked at me, "great, just great. Umm..."

I wanted to stop her, but what was I supposed to say?

"Right forget it."

"I..." if I needed her to know I wanted something more, now was the time. I took a long pause, looking for the right words, "you have no idea how confused I feel, I want to shout at the world that my heart has been aching for someone I hardly know, for someone who I just met a few weeks ago, for someone so amazing." She finally turned to look at me, I took the last steps between us, taking her hand, "how do I tell all the eyes that are on me that I no longer want anyone else but you, I don't want them to talk about boys," I pulled her close to me, her breathing stopped, I wasn't letting her go, not now. "I want to tell the world," I lean in to her, "I want the world to know 'I know what love at first sight is', that I have fallen in love with you the first time I laid my eyes on you."

She wanted to protest my words, she wanted to say something, but she could not find the words.

I leaned in to kiss those lips.

Those full soft lips met mine, she hesitated for a little, possibly not knowing what to do. But I felt my world melting, this moment was a step for me, a step towards something my heart has been aching for. She relaxed in my arms, slowly kissing me, but our lips took over our thoughts giving in to what we both had been wanting.

Arlene threw both her hand over my shoulder deepening the kiss, I wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her into me. Her skin was soft and warm, I didn't want this moment to end but she pulled away giving us time to catch our breath we looked at each other.

"I really, really been wanting to do that for a long time," smiling she pulled me in to give me one small kiss.

"I can kiss you all day," I pulled her into me again, I didn't want this moment to end, this feeling felt so surreal, I wanted this feeling forever.