18 | Cold Truths

Young Taehyung was humming songs while watching the clouds pass by. The wind blowing through his hair, gently moving his bangs. His eyes were closed, enjoying the warmth and breeze as the sun shines above him.

"Are you happy that we are finally going to the beach?" His sister asked, her voice loud enough for him to hear. "Yes!" He shouted back happily. He had never been this happy in his whole life and he had always loved going to beaches. In fact, he is the one who insisted his parents bring them for the trip.

His mother and father chuckled, clearly amused by his reaction. "I know how much you love going to the beach. I remember how excited you were when we came here for vacation for your birthday." His mother said with a smile on her face. His father only chuckled, not even denying it.

A few seconds later, his sister spoke again. "You are the one who wanted us to come here, you know. Remember? You have begged us to go here at least once a week since then." She stated and he could only pout. "But you love it so much more than me." He whined and she just laughed at his reaction. "Of course I do, silly. Whatever makes my baby brother happy I will follow his wishes, right?" She stucked out her tongue and he stucked out his own. They both laughed and continued their little argument.

Suddenly, there was an idea popping into his head and his mouth started running of its own accord. "Ah, I should ask Kihyun to join us so we can make sandcastles together. That would be nice right, dad?" He asked. His father seemed hesitant when he heard what he suggested and looked at his mother for help. "What do you think about that, honey?" He asked. Her mother's eyes softened and gave him a small smile. "Kihyun is busy studying for upcoming exam and I'm afraid it won't be possible for him to join us this summer." She said, her tone soft but still sad. "Aunt Hyesung has always been hard on him. Kihyun needs some break as well, he is not a robot after all. Besides, it's just a day, we will spend time together during our vacation." Her sister mumbled in annoyance. "Tae Eun, you shouldn't say something like that. She's your aunt, she has every right to be strict on Kihyun and will only want what's best for him." Their mother reprimanded Tae Eun with a stern voice. The younger girl sighed but nodded in defeat.

He looked at the sky from the car window as his father drove down the highway. The car was filled with laughter, with music blaring on the radio. He felt a warmth in his heart, one of contentment, one that he could never feel anywhere else. However, that day had robbed his entire family life. As they reached the intersection, a truck sped past them. The speeding vehicle had hit the rear of his parents' car , causing it to spin around and crash into the side of a tree, killing them instantly. The only living being who managed to survive was him, because her sister was hugging him to protect him and received the deadly impact. He couldn't breathe, as the pain was too much to bear. He watched as the world spun around him before darkness took over.

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
PRESENT

Taehyung can hear how many people around him are gasping and staring wide eyed. They quickly start whispering among each other, wondering what the hell was going on. Taehyung just keeps silent, glaring daggers into the boys' direction.

The lead boy steps forward until their faces are only centimeters apart. He gives him a smirk that makes Taehyung want to punch him. "We're here to give you a warning from our boss." He leans in closer. "Fuck off, don't appear in front of him." Taehyung grits his teeth and clenches his fists. 'They must be Kihyun's lackey. A warning? As if I needed more bullshit from Kihyun.' The leader continues,"Or else your precious girlfriend will pay for it and we all know where she lives." He says in a low threatening tone, smirking at Taehyung once more. Taehyung grits his teeth together, his fists clenched so tightly they hurt. 'Is this some kind of sick joke?' Taehyung asks himself through gritted teeth. His heart starts pounding against his chest; he can feel sweat running down his back. It takes everything inside of him not to punch the shit out of him. "I mean your girlfriend has a pretty face and body. No wonder our boss has set eyes on her." He sneers, winking at the two boys behind him. Another boy stepped up with a similar smirk on his face. "Yeah, she's fucking hot alright. And let me tell you, our boss will make her his bitch." He whispers lowly so only Taehyung could hear him.