09 | My teacher has a crush on me??

"Hey Minhyun, I think you are so obvious," Seongwoo says as they are walking to the car, going out for lunch together.

"What do you mean?" Minhyun's brow furrows in confusion.

"The way you are looking and talk to her. Your eyes always sparkle and glistening whenever you look at her and your voice becomes a sweet honey-liked that could melt anyone's hearts when you talk to her as if you are trying to seduce her." Seongwoo says, even rolls his eyeballs dramatically for added effect.

Minhyun looks at him with a frown on his face. "Jisoo is my student, Seongwoo. I treat her like my other student. Nothing is wrong with that."

"We're the best buddy since our university time, I had known you very well and it's obvious that you have a crush on that girl, just because she does look like her-" Seongwoo pauses for a while when he realizes that he already said something he shouldn't.

"We had agreed not to talk about the past. I'm fine, really." Minhyun let out a sigh.

"I'm worried about you since you're my best friend. Anyway, always bear in mind that as a teacher, we are not supposed-" Seongwoo looks at him with concern.

"-supposed to be in relationship with our student because it's like violating our work ethics, Am I right? Okay, I got it."

"Good to know that, Minhyun," Seongwoo says in brief before he starts to drive his car to the nearby restaurant.

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
FLASHBACK

(4 years ago)

Minhyun is absentmindedly staring at his girlfriend, Jieun, lying unconsciously in the bed with a breathing tube, a machine keeping her alive. He wishes he could turn back the time, not letting her go on her own which made her got into a car accident. He has a gut feeling that something is going to go wrong but he has never expected this.

"I'm so sorry...I shouldn't let you go." Minhyun whispers while holding her hand tightly. He brings his head down so his lips are pressing against her forehead.

"I love you, Jieun. Please come back to me." He softly whispers into her hair. A few seconds later, he hears the long, whining beep of her heart monitor. His heart stops beating and he could no longer be strong.

His hand grip tightens on her hand as the tears fell from his eyes. "No, No.. It can't be... Don't do this to me, baby." He starts to wailing his heart out.

He remains sitting in the hospital room, even after the doctor has come to cover her body and confirms her time of death. He just couldn't accept that she is already gone.

(Present time)

Minhyun relaxes on the bench while enjoying his coffee during break time. It was his first day as he just been transferred to the school as a full-time teacher after completing his training.

Suddenly, he overhears a pair of the student are bickering with one another. "Why do you keep on following me?" The girl asks the boy in annoyance tone.

"Because you're so pretty and I think I'm falling in love with you." The boy answers confidently.

"Really? But you haven't met my friend yet. She's prettier than me and she's right behind you." The girl says, causing the boy to turns around.

"Are you making fun of me? No one is behind me." The boy says, while furrows his brow.

"Nope, but if you loved me, you wouldn't even bother to look back." The girl snaps at him, causing the boy speechless and leaves her immediately.

Minhyun bursts into laughter as he thinks about how sassy the girl while rejecting the boy. "This girl a savage." He mumbles to himself and turns his head to see the girl's face.

His smiling face turns into a shocking face when the girl looks like Jieun. He could feel his heart stop to beat and when he tries to approach the girl, she already left the place.

He starts to investigate as he got access to the student's profile database and found that the girl is Jieun's little sister, her name is Jisoo. "No wonder they looked alike." He says to himself before he applies himself to be Jisoo's homeroom teacher.

END OF FLASHBACK.
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

Jisoo is walking home after doing her assignment at the library.

"Is he that bad to everyone's eyes as they were asking her to stop get involve with him. People need to open their heart as well as their minds and listen to his side story." Jisoo is on a deep thought when she sees Taehyung at the basketball court, playing by himself. She stops while debating to herself whether she wants to talk to him or just going home.

"Hey, did you just stunned and get impressed on how good I am in playing basketball?" Taehyung wiggles his eyebrows at her causing she flinches at his cocky words.

"In your dream." She rolls her eyes.

(to be continued)