25 | The arrangement

(A week ago)

Taehyung stares at the girl with a look of disbelief on his face. "Why are you here, Eunseo? You're supposed to be in the US." They were at the empty classroom after school when Taehyung had finally found the time to ask her why the hell she was here. He could have done without the whole explanation, but he was still curious as all heck.

"What do you mean, Oppa? I'm here to study." She states as she pulls up a chair and sits down at Taehyung's desk.

He raises his eyebrow, trying to decipher what the hell he is listening to right now. "This is just normal high school, not like the prestigious school you've attended all of your life." He scoffs.

"I like the school's uniform very much," The girl responds in English as she gives him a sheepish smile. "Also, I wanted to see how this place looks and how well you're doing here after all this time we had no contact whatsoever." Eunseo says as if it wasn't anything big of an issue at all.

Taehyung rolls his eyes and sighs while shaking his head. "Is it because of Kihyun?" He mutters under his breath. The other ignores him though and keeps smiling at him. Taehyung knew Eunseo always had a crush on Kihyun since they were kids. It was weird considering they had lost contact for a long time and suddenly she appeared out of the blue.

"What about Kihyun, oppa?" Eunseo asks curiously as she leans forward on her chair, resting her chin on top of her hands.

Taehyung frowns as he looks at the girl from the corner of his eyes. "I think you know what I'm talking about or if you don't, let me ask you again. What made you decide to come here?"

"You're so mean." She chuckles. "Even if you want to ignore me so badly, I'm here because I love this place and I can do whatever I want but you can't do anything about it." Eunseo replies as she stands up from her chair.

Taehyung sighs again as he shakes his head and walks towards her. He takes her wrist and pulls her down into one of the seats again. "What are you planning, Eunseo?"

Eunseo giggles softly before placing both of her hands on top of Taehyung's hand. "No, not really. In fact, yes, I think there is something that I need help from you."

Taehyung frowns as he tries to process what exactly she just said. "This is useless. I am not having this conversation right now." He says as he removes Eunseo's hands off of his and starts to leave.

"Farfalla blu." Eunseo says she doesn't move but remains sitting in her chair. Her eyes turn darker and her expression becomes stern.

Taehyung stops dead in his tracks and slowly turns around to face her. 'Farfalla blu'.. The name is somehow so familiar.. He has heard it somewhere in his memories. Like the way his heart clenches and tears sting his eyes. The necklace.. It belongs to Mom. His father gave it to his mother for their wedding anniversary because father loved mom more than anyone else in the entire world. It has a blue butterfly charm gemstone and there are only four people in the whole world who have ever owned this necklace. He had forgotten it even existed for awhile. But hearing those words from Eunseo makes it pop back up from the depths of his memory.

"What did you just say?" He asks, voice filled with emotions he thought he would never feel once again.

She smiles mischievously. "You heard me, Oppa. It's your mother's precious necklace, the gift from her beloved husband, and as I remembered when Aunt Hyesung took over your family's wealth, everything was sold off."

Taehyung feels like his chest is getting heavier by the minute. There is too much pain within this room, especially when Eunseo was telling him things that reminded him of his parents, which hurt more. "But that is what we thought, the necklace is still under Aunt Hyesung's possession." She continues and he wants to tell her to stop talking. To stop reminds him of his parents and their last moments together.