03 | Partner

"Maybe today I should use a different route to school," Jisoo says before she walks out from her house.

She notices a boy busy painting graffiti on the wall of her neighbor's house.

She always feels dismayed whenever she looks at painted slogan scatters along the alleyway. Graffiti makes the neighborhood ugly like don't people care about their life?

He seems familiar. She squints her eyes to look over the person properly, and she's right, the boy is her enemy Kim Taehyung.

"You again! Have you been following me?" He raised his eyebrow cockily while pointing his index finger at her.

"I have better things to do with my time than following you around and wondering about what you're doing to ruin your life." She responds to his question with a scowl.

"What do you mean by ruining? This is what we call art. Can't you see that I'm turning this dull wall into a masterpiece for everyone to appreciate." He nods his head approvingly as he looks at the graffiti on the wall in admiration.

"But this is someone's house. You better clean it up before the owner comes out." She sighs while staring at the wall.

"Why? This painting is lovely." He gives an innocent look.

"It's ugly." She scoffs, rolling her eyes.

"You're uglier." He remarks with a straight face.

"Wha- I don't know why I'm still talking to you." She glares at him, not wanting to believe his statement.

"Hey, Kids! What are you guys doing over there?" Police who is patrolling nearby, shouts at them when the police saw a pile of color paint sprays, scattering on the ground.

"Crap! We have to run." He gets up and grabs his bag pack in an instant while eyeing the policeman cautiously.

"What do you mean by We-" Jisoo's word has been cut-off when Taehyung suddenly grabs her hand and starts running.

"Taehyung!! Slow down. I'm going to fall if you keep on pulling me away." She said before she stumbles but Taehyung immediately holds her shoulder to keep her from falling.

They hide behind an empty building while they are catching their breath. Taehyung still holding her causing Jisoo squirms under his arm. Her heart races crazily when she notices Taehyung's face close to her and slightly pushes him away.

Taehyung pokes his head to look around. "Good. I think we lost him."

"Wait... What in the world are you dragging me all the way to here?!" She screeches in anger.

"You are the witness but now I have turned you into my crime partner." He smirks in satisfaction.

"I hate you." She shot a death glare at him.

"Why, I'm charming." Taehyung shrugs and Jisoo realizes that she is late for Mr. Hwang's class when she looks up her watch.

"Oh my god!! I'm awfully late." She said in half scream before she rushes away, leaving Taehyung behind. Taehyung just looks at her with a blank expression on his face.

Jisoo arrives at her classroom 15 minutes later. Everyone is busy writing on their book, copying what Mr. Hwang writes on the board. As she sees Mr. Hwang is still busy writing on the board, she takes the opportunity to sneak in quietly from the back door of the classroom and quietly sits on her chair.

She let out a sigh when she hears her name being called. "Miss Kim, mind to explain why you are late today?" Mr. Hwang calls her out to ask her.

"Ah... I-I left my textbook at home, so I was running back to home." She pauses, trying to find the words that will get her out of trouble. "T-That is why I'm late for the class. I'm sorry... Mr. Hwang." She bites her lip, looking down as she can feel her sweat dripping a lot from her forehead.

Mr. Hwang gives her a stern look, crosses his arm. "If you are doing this again, I would not hesitate to put you in detention class, young lady. Even though you are a good student, rules are still rules. There is no uneven treatment for those who disobey the rules. Now, return to your seat." He turns back to the board, continues his class.

Jisoo sighs as she settles on her chair. She could audibly hear her class members talk about her tardiness. She ignores them and opens her books to starts focus on Mr. Hwang's class.

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

"Jisoo, did you got into class late today? Did something happen to you?" Jennie asks her during their lunch break.

"H-How did you know?" She blinks at her anxiously. "Your class members were talking over about it, they were saying their Miss perfectionist screwed up this morning and her dearly teacher was scolding his favorite student for the very first time." Jennie remarks with concern on her face.

Jisoo heaves a deep sigh as she told Jennie what actually did happen between her and Taehyung.

"You need to stay away from that brat. Don't let your heart into trouble, Soo-yah." Jennie said worryingly.

"Huh, nothing is wrong with my heart." Jisoo laughs nervously. "It just bad luck that I met him first in the morning. Don't worry about it." She replies and continues to eat her lunch.

(to be continued)