Chapter 12: Wai Momi

3rd Person POV

December 7th, 1940

Huge clouds dotted the sky with some glimpses of the sun shining down on the island of Oahu, the air wasn't too cold nor too warm leaving the people enjoying the outside especially those at Pearl Harbor. Soft winds blew through the area moving palm trees slightly occasionally blowing coconuts off them, crabs crawled along the beach sands, and the salty waves crashed peacefully along the beaches.

The sailors aboard the ships were going about their business, cleaning the decks and below, playing cards, or sleeping in. On the ground sailors and officers enjoyed their time at bars, taking a stroll with their dates, and whatever kept them happy.

The ships including the mighty USS Ranger themselves sat in the harbor like sleeping giants and hundreds of planes on the airfield sat in large rows like usual since nothing interesting was going on.

Unknown to everyone, using the clouds as cover around two million dragons flew towards the naval base from coming from the ocean flew through a valley low and fast. The riders looked ahead with determination in their eyes, the lead riders looked down and saw the base slowly getting bigger and bigger.

A radar station in the valley didn't know about the dragons instead they were going about their business and a radar operator noted incoming B-17s going to land at Pearl Harbor. Then from one of the ships a sailor sight seeing spotted a weird sight of endless dots approaching the harbor, using a pair of binoculars he looked through them and his heart sunk to the very bottom of his stomach.

(Song: Pearl Harbour from Midway)

Giving the signal the dragons swooped down and began raining hell like never seen before, the sailors and soldiers on the ships and ground were stunned at the sudden attack but then snapped out of it and sounded the general quarters alarm.

The fire slammed down onto the ships already causing many to burst into flames, now the attack had begun the two million dragons dispersed and were all over the place. Already the massive oil tanks had been ignited creating massive explosions, anti-aircraft gun fire popped all over the sky but like the raid on the Cairo Naval Base the rounds were designed to fight aircraft not animals.

The incoming B-17s were quickly swarmed by the dragons, the gunners inside the bombers began firing at them but proved pointless as they were knocked out of the sky in flaming fireballs. At the airfield pilots were rushing to their planes but had to turn tail and run when the planes started exploding one by one every second including entire hangars full of ammunition and bombs went up in flames.

In battleship row, most of the ships decks and bridges were engulfed in flames. The USS Arizona was among one of the ships that wasn't completely engulfed in flames yet however she had a gaping hole in the bow. A dragon high above the Arizona blasted a supercharged fireball at the ship, the ball swooshed through the air and slammed into the gaping hole.

At one second the Arizona was a floating fortress next the bow of the ship bent up followed by an ear deafening explosion that tore the hull of the ship to shreds as the magazine exploded. The same fate happened to the USS Nevada and USS Tennessee.

Low flying dragons fire again and again at the USS Oklahoma's hull creating a large hole in her side causing water to pour in. Several more hull breaches would happen forcing more and more water inside the ship, eventually the ship began to tilt and at a terrifying speed.

Sailors aboard the ship held onto the railings, each other, or whatever they could for dear life, the Mongolian dragon riders seeing the sailors helpless fired at them. Charred and blown apart bodies hit the water as the ship continued to flip, a minute later the ship was now completely upside-down trapping doomed sailors inside her metal walls to eventually be drowned.