Chapter 21: Northern Empire

3rd Person POV

USS Northampton along with the destroyers and Persian ships had sailed for three days already in the freezing northern waters. In just an hour the ships will reach Copenhagen, capital of the Scandinavian Empire, where they will talk alliance terms with the king. It didn't take long before the sailors aboard the ship to see the massive city that was Copenhagen, other than the city that spanned miles they saw a colosseum that was twice as big as the colosseum in Rome and the other was a massive castle that looked more like a fortress than a castle.

Being called to the deck, Sergeant Hellen and his team waited on the deck watching the massive cities enlarge by each minute, steering towards the docks of the city the Persian ships steered in first and docked with unfriendly eyes watching them. Then the American ships sailed in careful of the sturdy wooden decks, the Vikings of the grand city watched the giant metal ships that towered over the other wooden boats that now looked like rowboats. By now crowds of curious people looked at the huge metal ships and with them came Viking soldiers armed with axes and swords ready to slash down any who dared attack them.

"By the Gods are they the strange people we've heard about?"

"That ship is monstrous... just look at the size of it"

"Persians... what do they want?"

Once the Northampton was docked and a gangplank was settled down Sergeant Hellen and his team walked down the plank, weapons by their sides. Once on the ground the Americans made their way to the Persian diplomats who were talking to one of the guards, they couldn't understand them, but Aseir could.

"Hey Aseir, what are they saying?" Jay asked the tall man, "Uh... their saying that the king will speak to us" Aseir said watching the guard's lips moving. Just then the crowd behind the guards dispersed and bowed their heads, from the crowd a tall man with shaggy blonde hair and forest green eyes stood in front of them. The man looked at the Persian diplomats and then at the Americans, "English I assume?" the king asked, and the Americans were taken back a bit but nodded, "I am King Harold, welcome to the Northern Empire please follow me" Harold said motioning for them all to follow.

They walked through the city streets and the Americans could really see the sheer size of the city and population; crowds of people stared at the Americans as they walked by. Finally, they made it to the massive castle they saw from the ocean and once inside, they were led through a series of hallways and corridors before reaching the throne room of the castle. King Harold sat upon it and looked slightly down at the foreigners.

"To what do I owe this unexpected visit from foreigner's" Harold's voice echoed throughout the room, one diplomat stood up, "King Harold... we have come to ask for your help" Harold raised an eyebrow, "My... help?" he asked confused.

"Yes, King Harold, we need help because we are at war with the Mongolian Empire" King Harold leaned forward and stared at the diplomat questionably, "What do you need help with exactly?" King Harold asked firmly. Another diplomat stepped up, "We need help in destroying the Mongolian Empire once and for all, we know, and you know that they want world domination". King Harold hummed and then looked at the American who just watching, "Demonstrate your power 'Americans' and If I am impressed by your power then I will help and if I am not then I will not, that's my deal". Sergeant Hellen firmly nodded, "We will see it done, sir".

From the docks, King Harold and his bodyguards watched the American cruiser and destroyers getting into a single file line. Their guns aimed at a couple of decommissioned ships, behind King Harold, the Americans, the Persians, and the city's population watched and waited for the inventible. Andrew looked through a pair of binoculars with Aseir standing beside him holding a flare gun.

From Northampton, signal lights flashed the message, 'guns in position, fire ready'. "Guns are ready to fire, sergeant" Andrew said stilling looking through the binoculars, nodding his head to Aseir, Aseir aimed the gun up and fired off the flare.

A second later the ships guns fired with loud bangs, flame and smoke shot out from the barrels. The rounds streaked through the air and impacted the ships rendering them to splinters. The crowd gasped in shock and muttered amongst themselves.

"Such power"

"Odins beard, I wonder what else they have?"

"Are they on our side or not?"

Harold gazed at the burning ships sinking and indeed was impressed by their power, he figured if they had such power on the sea, ground, and from what he's heard the air too then the Scandinavian Empire may have a chance to fight against the Mongolians. The ships continued to shell the general area of the longboats until there were barely any pieces of splinters in the water.

Once the ships ceased fire, King Harold thought deeply about it some more before smiling to himself. Spinning around, the king of Scandinavia spread his arms wide, "I accept your request for aid, Persians and with these Americans by our side we will finally defeat the Mongolians!" The Copenhagen people erupted into a cheer. Harold stood in front of Sergeant Hellen who extended a hand, the two firmly grasped each other's hands, "Now when do you plan on attacking?".