THE INCOMPLETE PROJECT III

The incomplete project III

PRAIREI

Nang pinayagan na nila kaming makapasok sa Southern part, napasandal ako sa likod ng upuan ng kotse at nagpakawala ng buntong-hininga dahil nakahinga ako nang maluwag sa nangyaring iyon. Akala ko ay mahuhuli na kami nang tuluyan dahil kapag nahuli kami, babagsak kami sa police department at hahatulan na rin sa Southern Courthouse. Malaking kaso iyon panigurado dahil kakalat agad iyon sa Themis. Kapag nakuha ng Themis ang balita, masisira na lahat ng pinag-usapan namin sa loob ng Themis house ni Hidre.

I almost got obvious from holding the hand of the man lately. Yes, it was too obvious that we were hiding something. Good thing, Wayn immediately gave me a warning and I calm myself after that. Kung patuloy ko pa siyang prinotektahan, baka dalhin na nga kami sa presinto nila. Iniisip ko rin minsan, puro mga may kakayahan ba ang mga officers? Katulad rin ba sila nina Hidre?

"How's that possible?" Riyota asked confusedly. He looked to his left arm and to his hand. He looked himself to the mirror and he realized that his left eye wasn't black-and-gold anymore. I noticed before, some of the Sapiens has red circle at the center of their eyes. Kung sa tao ay itim o hazel brown ang kulay na nasa gitnang bahagi na hugis bilog, sa kanila ay itim ang dapat ay kulay puti at kulay pula sa gitna. Nakapagtataka rin, bakit kulay ginto ang nasa gitnang bahagi ng mata ni Riyota?

Nevermind. It's no sense anyway.

"What do you mean by that?" Wayn asked while checking us by the mirror.

"I didn't know how to bring it back. I already told you that it will back after five hours. This is so insane. What the hell just happened? Transforming into normal isn't my thing—"

"Na-pressure ka lang kanina. Nataranta ka dahil sa sinabi namin," Wayn interrupted. "Ang dami mong sinasabi, kaya mo naman pala ibalik sarili mo sa dati." And he rolled his eyes.

Riyota frowned at him. "That's not it!" he exclaimed and muttered a cursed word, kuso. Wayn translated it when we were talking in the hospital. Riyota looked at me differently again. His black to his right eye became smaller like lately I describe it. His eyes were like lusting in blood.

My eyes widened when everything here became gray and I can't take my eyes away from his creepy eyes. I immediately remembered the two-paired eyes in the cave. The black and red color of thin and small veins started to spread throughout his right eye.

“H-Hid—no...k-keep t-the...”

“H Project...t-take t-the P-pando—”

I came back into my senses when Hidre grabbed my arm. I blinked couple times and my mind still processing about the voice I heard. I saw a scene from his eyes. It was blurred but there was a guy who's catching a breath. The floor was full of blood and there was a guy beside him. I didn't see their faces but the guy talking about the H Project. It was the Project he was talking to lately. The voice was cut when Hidre grabbed my arm.

I looked at him with my surprise face. I looked at him with my eyes widened and my mouth cannot speak. It was just a few words but there's something on Riyota.

"Sit at the front," he seriously commanded and he looked at the guy who was sitting beside me. Napatingin naman din ako kay Riyota at napakunot ang noo ko dahil biglang naging puti ang dalawa niyang mata.

"What have you seen?" Wayn asked without looking at me. Umupo ako sa tabi ni Wayn at ang kanang mata ni Wayn ay kinakain ng Sapien veins. Wait, what's happening?

"Wayn, stop it now. His power was eating you. Look at yourself." Oo nga, kinakain siya ng kalahating kapangyarihan ni Riyota.

"Teka, ano ba ang nangyari? Nasaan tayo ngayon?" I roamed my eyes around and I realized we are now inside the parking lot.