The Original Conflict is Almost Unnecessary

Everyone knows the main conflict through out the series is the Royals vs Rebels drama.  Those who want to follow their destiny vs those who want to rewrite their own.

The most staunch Royal is clearly Apple, I've mentioned before about how selfish she is, especially at the beginning of the series. She wants her destiny and doesn't care about the consequences for anyone else, least of all Raven.  Of course that changes, eventually, but even in Dragon Games we see her let her determination to achieve her destiny get the better of her.

However, the more I think about it, the more unnecessary it all seems.

Apple is a princess because her mother is a queen. So, by all logic shouldn't she become queen regardless of whether or not she's poisoned by Raven? Because it seems like titles are still passed down through families, regardless of whether they follow their stories.  If they weren't then technically Apple shouldn't be a princess, because in the original story Snow White wasn't born a princess, nor was Cinderella for that matter.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong of course, but it's just something that occurred to me recently.

Sorry that this was so short, but until my next rant, have a hexellent day everyone!

- Lexa