Riddlish

WOO!  TWO posts in TWO days! I'm on a roll XD Heh not really, just trying to make up for all the time that I wasn't posting before yesterday.

Anyway, on with the rant!

So, I really like the concept of Riddlish because let's be honest, who didn't want to make up their own "secret language" as a kid?   I had some friends who tried to do it and their "language" made absolutely no sense, so I think that Riddlish is a perfect example of that.  Except most Wonderlandians can speak it.

Anyway, bottom line is - I love Riddlish!  And I wish that we had gotten to see more of it in the show.

I do find it strange that, despite being like Wonderland's national language, we really only see Maddie using it along with Giles Grimm when he's still under the affects of a babble spell.  Why don't we ever get to see Lizzie, Kitty, Bunny or Alistair using Riddlish?  It even says on Lizzie's profile that she and Kitty converse quite a lot in Riddlish and yet it is never shown in any of the webisodes!

Actually, for someone who's the future Queen of Wonderland, we don't really see enough of Lizzie over all...  But that's a topic for another rant.

Back to Riddlish!

So, awhile back I read this idea that someone else had come up with, that suggested that Daring should have asked Maddie to teach him Riddlish so that he could impress Lizzie, and I LOVE IT!

Just think about it for a second, imagine Daring being kinda shy and nervous about asking Maddie if she would teach him how to speak some Riddlish.  Then trying to be suave and dashing as he struggles to come up with an excuse as to why he wants to learn it because he can't tell anyone that he went on a date with Lizzie since he promised her he would keep it a secret.  Maybe Lizzie might even have become a little suspicious when she spotted him spending extra time with Maddie, at which point I'm not sure if she would have tried to confront him about it or maybe started ignoring him again. ( What do you guys think?) Then at the end of the episode he could have taken her to Wonderland Grove and had a date where he starts conversing with her in Riddlish and tells her that was why he was talking to Maddie!

Ahhhh!  It gives me feels just thinking about it!!

Dang it Mattel, why didn't this happen?!

Oh ok, never mind I know why, because Daring eventually ended up with Rosabella blah, blah, blah... No offence people who ship them, I just prefer Dizzie, that's all.

I honestly think that a scene like this in one of the webisodes would have been so cute!  And it would have been nice to show Daring pursuing a relationship with the same girl in more than one webisode, am I right?  Because we never actually got to see that.  Every time he was shown with some potential paring it only ever lasted for one webisode, which I think is a bit of a pain in the neck, and I thought that Daring and Lizzie really had good chemistry together.  That's just me though.

As always, feel free to share your thoughts!  I don't mind if you disagree, that's perfectly within your rights, just tell me what you think!  And for anyone who's curious about some of the reasons I ship Dizzie, go check out my other book that I mentioned at the end of my last rant: "My Ever After High Ships", there's a chapter there dedicated to Dizzie!

Until my next rant, have a hexellent day everyone!

- Lexa