How Do The Stories Continue?

I've often wondered just how some of the fairytales can be continued through the generations in EAH.

Sure there are some that are pretty easy for the characters to follow in their fairytale parents footsteps like Little Red Riding Hood, Humpty Dumpty, Goldie Lockes and the Three Bears, or Alice in Wonderland.  The children of the original characters in these fairytales can just step into the roles because they're not complicated by relations, time, or magical interference.

But then there are others which are impacted by these things.  Let's take our two central EAH characters for example and look at the story of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Over the course of the episodes Apple talks about her destiny as if it's easy to just step into her mother's shoes, but there are a few things from the original story that make me wonder how that would impact her and Raven, and just how their version of the story would be.  For starters, in the original tale, Snow White's mother dies and her father remarries the Evil Queen.  Then he passes away, leaving Snow White with only her step mother, who grows jealous of her beauty and tells the huntsman to execute her.

Just in this part of the story alone we have complications for the future generations at EAH.  From reading this we realise that Raven is technically Snow White's step sister, and Apple's step aunt.  More than that, for the story to continue, Snow White will have to die and Apple's father will have to get remarried to- you guessed it!  Raven!  Which means that Raven will be Apple's step mother, despite them being the same age, who will then try to have her assassinated and when that doesn't work she will poison her etc. etc.    

Actually hold on one moment- I just realised something.  Raven's father is the Good King, right?  The man that was remarried to the Evil Queen, which means that he would actually be Snow White's father, which means that Raven and Snow White aren't step sisters, but they are, in fact, half sisters!  Which means that Apple and Raven are technically related by blood!  That makes things complicated now, doesn't it?

As if that whole mess wasn't weird enough, what about the tale of Sleeping Beauty?

The story of Sleeping Beauty says that the Dark Fairy cursed Sleeping Beauty to sleep for 100 years because she wasn't invited to her christening, right?  And Briar is supposed to be the next Sleeping Beauty, with Faybelle being the next Dark Fairy. One thing doesn't add up though.  In some of the episodes, such as Thronecoming, we see that if Briar pricks her finger on a sharp needle she falls asleep until someone wakes her up (though it doesn't last for 100 years and no kiss is necessary to wake her).

This means that she had to have been cursed like her mother at some point, right?  So when was she cursed and who cursed her?  If she was cursed as a baby then surely there's no way that Faybelle could have done it since she would have been roughly the same age.  So was it her mother who did it?  Does that mean that Faybelle will be the one to curse Briar's son/daughter?  It's not really clear and they never explain it in the series.

I've also been wondering about the continuation of the story of Cinderella.

We know from Epic Winter that Queen Cinderella is very much alive and well, so is she going to die?  Because that's what happens in the original story.  Then Ashlynn's father will have to remarry the next Evil Stepmother, so who's that going to be?  One of the Step Librarians maybe?  What about Charlotte and Prudence Step?  They appeared in the episode "Ella's Fashion Frolic" and Ashlynn identified them as her step sisters, so which one of the Step Librarians is their mother, I wonder.

Then after Ashlynn's father remarries the Evil Stepmother, he will tragically pass away.  So, by following her story Ashlynn will lose bother her parents, which is heartbreaking, but for some reason that is never mentioned anywhere in the series.  Probably too depressing to discuss, eh Mattel?  I would think that would be more reason for Ashlynn to choose to rebel against her destiny than just because she wants to be with her high school boyfriend.

It looks like, when you really think about it, there are a few plot holes in the premise of Ever After High.  Of course I love the series regardless, but these things just kept bugging me in the back of my mind.  What do you guys think?  Are there any stories that you think have plot holes in the way they're meant to be continued in EAH?  If you think of any then be sure to post it in a comment and if you want to then feel free to give this chapter a vote, they're always appreciated too!

Until my next rant, have a hexellent day everyone!

- Lexa