Stuck With Me

It was Saturday night and everything seemed  pretty normal for Lorelei. Alone in her condominium unit, she would often enjoy herself indulged on her Netflix series with a tub of ice cream and snuggled up under her warm comforters. Even with the ac on, her warm sheets produces enough heat so she could still wear her nighties comfortably.

However, tonight was an exception. As she was preparing herself for her usual routine, the sound of a doorbell resonated the whole unit. Frowning, she wondered who would come visit her at this hour. If it's Jamie, that wouldn't be possible because her best friend just recently flew to America for her theatre tour. Neither of the boys, Loki and Alistair would risk travelling her place since it basically is from the other side of the city unless necessary and today doesn't seem to be anything special.

Upon pondering, she could only think of one person. Lorelei quickly stepped outside her bedroom and to her front door. The figure of a familiar man with a domineering aura and cold gaze appeared infront of her. She smiled as their eyes met. Although he was silent, a small curve etched his thin lips.

"Lucian" she called him and motioned for the man to come in.

Luthor walked inside like he has been here countless of times, yet he had. Slept in here countless of nights too.

"So, what brings The Lucian Mendez in my humble abode?" she jested, walking slowly towards him after closing the door.

His gaze lingered briefly on her silk nighties, a pair of sleeveless top and short-shorts. He had seen her sleepwear many of times as well and it has always left the same effect on him, arousal.

He swiftly averted his gaze up to her questioning face. That is not why he was here.

Get it together Lucian

he thought.

He was not here for that, infact he would never touch Lorelei unless she is ready and would willingly submit to him.

Lorelei was observing him from the moment she opened the door, he was usually cold and emotionless but now, he seemed a bit bothered. Her brows creased as she stood still, waiting for Luthor to say something. This was the first time she had seen Luthor Mendez somewhat a bit------sad? If it's a word to describe him now. She waited still.

A minute after their staring battle, Luthor heaved a long sigh as he bowed his head and lowered his shoulders. Once he faced her, a soft gaze and a little bit of a pout replaced his usual stoic one. Lorelei was stunned for a second before walking towards him. She reached for his face and searched for his eyes. That was a little easy since she was way shorter than him and he was looking down.

"What's wrong love? Can you tell me?" her voice was full of worry.

Luthor's hands settled its weight on Lorelei's thin waist as he contemplated wether to tell her or not. It wasn't always, that he shows this side to Lorelei infact this was the first time he showed no mask to anyone.

"Hey" once again she sought for his distracted mind.

He looked at her and responded, "I'm fine, I'm just a little bit tired" he said as another deep sigh escaped his lips. Now Lorelei seemed to be bothered as well.

This wouldn't help if they keep standing, so she pulled Luthor inside her bedroom. "Get in there" she said.

Without anything to say, Luthor obligingly removed his shoes and slowly sat on the bed.

He really seems to be in a pretty bad stage

Lorelei thought as she continued to go and grab an ice cream for the both of them.

When she got back,  Luthor was still on the same position, facing the wall infront of him as if he was mentally talking to it. Lorelei is worried by her boyfriend's unusual act. What could be the problem? Was it about the case he was currently handling? Is it in a lopsided angle? But Luthor wouldn't let anything as petty as a hard case to affect him. He's known to be as cold as an ice and as hard as a rock, well she known him to be like this.

Lorelei soon joined him to bed, leaning on her headrest as she quietly handed him his share of tub. Luthor accepted it and made himself comfortable beside Lorelei. She wasn't so sure what to do about this but she felt like she wanted to make his worries vanish.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Lorelei carefully asked, she didn't want to pry if he won't tell her and the very least she could do right now is accompany him and make him feel that he's not alone.

Luthor played the spoon he was holding and said, "I'm sorry for barging in here without prior notice". Lorelei wanted  to rebut but he continued to speak.

"I had some thoughts—for the past few days. There was a case, just recently. A couple—" Luthor was clearly not used to opening up and he seemed like he was delivering a speech but Lorelei was eager to know anything he was thinking right now so she listened to him.

"—the woman wanted annulment, she wanted to free herself from the man on the other side of the court, my client. It was just an ordinary case for me but—" he let out a small sigh. "—I realized something from their story".

He looked up to Lorelei as if he was studying every feature of her. Lorelei on the other end continued to listen, although she was so confused.

His hand reached her face and gently caressed her smooth cheeks, "I'm sorry, I know I'm not the most expressive person, I don't know how to be affectionate or showy enough to let you know how I truly feel but Lorelei—I love you" he stared at her brown eyes, a small smile placed his lips.

"I may not say it all the time, I may even look like I don't care, I know I do, but please remember that I—" Luthor wasn't able to finish his words as Lorelei kissed him deeply. Ice cream tub was now gone from their hands, probably somewhere on the bed, only Lorelei on top of Luthor.

When the kiss broke, both were panting for air, Lorelei was flushed, her cheeks were red for her sudden reaction yet her eyes were watery. God, how much she loves this man.

"You may not be the most expressive type of person, you may not be that affectionate enough and you may sometimes appear as my boss rather than a lover but Lucian Mendez, I love you too" the tear started falling as her smile widen with gladness.

Luthor also showed a small smile, his face brightened at her girlfriend's words. He had only one thing on his mind right now, and that is to not let her go.

Lorelei placed her head on Luthor's chest, hugging his waist tightly, he did the same while gently brushing her soft hair, "For a minute I thought you were breaking up with me" Lorelei huffed and she heard him chuckle.

"I would never do that, Love" he responded. "From now on, you will forever be stuck with me" Luthor placed a gentle kiss on her head. Both remained cuddling until the next morning.