XOXO

Luthor pinned his passcode and entered his dim unit. The sound of sizzling pan and delicious aroma made him stop in his tracks. There's someone in his house, but of course he wasn't alarmed. No one knew his passcode but he, himself and....

"Lili" he called out her cute nickname as she silently stood at the opening of his kitchen. "Ouch!" Lorelei yelped when she accidentally touched the hot pan as she was surprised to hear Luthor's deep voice. She did not expect him to arrive earlier than the usual. The tall man immediately got on her side and held her burnt finger. He gently pulled her to the sink and washed it with cool water. "I'm sorry, I must've startled you" he said without looking at her. His worried eyes focused on the redness of her skin.

Lorelei sighed, gazing at Luthor sure did the magic though she was still feeling down. The woman grabbed her hands away from the man and excused herself, "I should finish this, can you set the table, Love?" there was the tiniest smile on her face, partly glancing at him before busying herself to the remaining dish she was cooking. Luthor pursed his lips and stared at her for quite a while before deciding to do what he was told. He wanted to ask if there was something wrong but he let her be. Maybe she needed time for herself. "You sleeping here tonight?" Luthor asked as he was setting the dishes. The woman slightly hummed her answer, making it sound like a yes. His grey orbs searched for her brown ones but she never looked back at him. He started to worry but he controlled himself from prying. Lorelei will tell him when she had organized her thoughts. She's a strong woman.

After dinner, Luthor sat on the couch placed outside the terrace, feeling the cold wind brush through his face. The clouds were clear and the skies shown a lot of twinkling stars. He was casually drinking his cup of tea when suddenly, a pair of slender arms wrapped around his torso. Lori sat beside him and hugged his side as he moved his arms to put around her shoulders. He silently put his cup on the coffee table infront of them. The woman rested her head on his hard chest, "You okay?" Luthor finally asked. He can't seem to take it when Lorelei's sad or hurt. Never did he made her cry because of unpleasant reasons so seeing her in this state brings the beast out of him. Lorelei shook her head, she looked up to him and there was the cutest pout he had ever seen. His cheeks reddened at the sight of her Zeusdamnit! He thought. I should be worried not happy, tsk.

Luthor pressed his lips together and looked away, Lorelei didn't seem to notice how he flushed and rested her head back to his chest. Both were silent as they stayed close to each other, feeling the warmth through the cold night. "I'm so tired. My boss handed me a lot of paperworks today--" Luthor reached for her hands placing them on his front as she continued to lean on him. His right arm still encircled her  "--and I had to run around the city, I don't know why I did that though. It's exhausting, thinking about it now". Luthor stayed silent, he enjoyed massaging her smooth hands and hoped it made her feel better.

"You did well today, Lili" he said when Lorelei snuggled closer to him. He gently kissed the top of her forehead, "Wanna go inside? It's cold in here, Love" Luthor released her right hand but his left remained holding her other one. "No, let's stay like this for a while. I need you hugs" Lorelei said. "And it's Lili, not Love" Luthor chuckled gently. He pulled Lorelei as he leaned on the couch. Hope it won't rain he silently wished as he stared up the night sky.