Martini Blue 1.8

Lorelei crouched and flinched in pain as the bullet scratched her left arm. Blood streamed down, soaking a portion on her sleeves. She looked at him in disbelief. Her brown irises swirling with different emotions. She never thought he would aim at her and worse, shoot!

"Lorel—" Luthor called but he also winced in pain and dropped to his knees after Lorelei out-balanced him with a low kick. He groaned when she gave him a punch on his left cheek. Her strike was quite strong for her built making Luthor wonder where she hid all of that during the past five months. Then it dawned to him how fit Lorelei is and how firm her muscles are whenever he made contact with those parts.

The man barely looked at her, but sure there was pain in her eyes. It was just a glimpse but it did tug a little on his heart.

Before he could grab her hand, the woman escaped the kitchen area. He tried calling her name but she didn't look back. He knew Lorelei would be killing him now.

"Tsk" he clicked his tongue, making a turn to their garage.

What an ass move

He thought and bent down to push a switch, enabling a vast array of sophisticated weapons to slide from behind the concrete wall. At first glance, one would think it was just an error in the house's structural design. However, it would make sense if the missing shelf appears.

Grabbing his rifle and slinging it on his body, Luthor looked like he's going to war. A bandolier strapped on his waist, grenades on both his pockets. He knows Lorelei isn't just an ordinary assassin. She could be the best in her unit, just like him. He briefly thought of how ironic their front covers were, a clothing line owner and an engineer. Just why was destiny playing with them?

The man shook his head and tried to focus on his mission. He wouldn't want to kill his wife, but if things go sideways, to take one's life should be easy for him.

--------

"Shhhi-" she almost cursed from the pain of the bullet her husband fired. A part of her hoped everything was going to be okay. That what he let her feel all throughout their marriage was real and that it would hold a little on his heart. She knew he's dangerous and quite odd on his own way but never did she thought he would be of the same likes of her. She should've known and that's what frustrated her the most.

If Luthor had his secret base underground, Lorelei found a way creating one of her own, and it was behind her grandiose closet. Instead of another set of clothes, what she had were tons of weaponry. Hers was mostly shorthand guns, a collection of it since the company issued them equipment every year and some where acquired during missions involving firearm smuggling. It wasn't really directed to authorities. There's a little play inside the agency's under ground.

She sighed once again, reflecting herself on the mirror. She forgot, she was wearing a white bodycon. Her puff sleeves soaked with her own blood, there was a splatter of it on her neck and arms which made her look slightly dissatisfied with the dress but it ain't no time to change. She saw her husband's black jacket on the couch near her and wore it together with her knee-high combat boots. The oversized cloth reminded her of what memories it held, why it was there on the first place and how she loved the smell of him lingering around her which made her a bit pissed off. It was such a wrong time to dwell on that stupid memory.

Lorelei shook her head, forming a smug smile as she walked out the supposed walk-in closet. It was a display of gesture to conceal the fact that she was internally broken. A long forgotten emotion allowing her to feel once again that she's human. Sometimes, a person got to bleed to know that they're alive.

However, she looked quite stylish for the night, but her thoughts were settled.

One last time Luthor, if you try to pull that trigger on me again...