Martini Blue 1.5

Maggie approached Lorelei who was staring outside the large glass window. She seemed deep into thoughts, probably from the current event she had encountered. It was all planned out, from the time she should be at the party, from the minute she was suppose to tranquilize the prey, then to the escape route, but they were still intercepted. She was certain that it was kept confidential, even their chief wasn't aware of when the attack would take place, so how would that man know and interrupt her mission?

However, what's deeply bothering Lorelei was, why is she still alive today. From her previous missions, she always had that near death experiences. All her opponents wanted to kill her or at least attempted to kill her but the previous one was quite bothering. Thinking thoroughly, he never struck an attack, he was just blocking her and the last minute that he could've killed her, he left. Was his mission, just to purely hinder all harming possibilities? But that's impossible. If he was Mufasa's body guard, then the order would be to kill her immediately. She knew he saw the dagger on her thighs, he should've just charged at her the very moment and acted like he was to protect Mufasa but he didn't, and the latter doesn't seem to know him either. So who is he and who sent him?

"Still no trace of the man you said you've fought last night" Maggie stated, interrupting her from her thoughts. Lorelei didn't move her gaze from outside. "Not even the blood from the dagger? It was his" she said.

"None at all, you do know the files that links us to our real identity were depleted from the system right? You said he was one of us, so even that blood sample barely does anything. I'll try to ask for Alistair's help. He'll maybe know how to find that man" the bespectacled lady said.

"Keep searching, identify him at all cost" Lorelei's voice was stern, she wanted to find him. She had the urge to kill him for intervening in her mission. However, there was something more that she's eager to sought for an answer. Maggie nodded and went back to her table.

Lorelei sighed, she shouldn't have drank that one glass of champagne, infact she shouldn't have drank anything at all and the lights from the restroom were dim,

Who would have dim lights in their restrooms?

she thought.

———

6:00 pm

Lorelei was preparing dinner when Luthor walked in. He just came back from a three-day project trip. A smile placed on her lips as she welcomed him with a kiss, arms encircled on his neck and feet stretch for a tiptoe. Instantly, Luthor's hand travelled on her lower back, tossing his coat and bag on the floor. He was exploring her body, as if he really missed her in all aspects. His big hands roughly caressing her hips, to her waist, to the side of her rib-cage, up to the side of her breasts until it reached her cheeks. Lorelei giggled in between their kissing, she was ticklish but Luthor ignored that.

"On me" he said as Lorelei knew exactly what he wanted. The woman was carried up and was placed on top of the counter, her legs wrapped around his waist. Their kisses; missing, longing and wanting. For a moment, both stopped, gasping for air.

When they calmed down, Lorelei was holding Luthor's face, she was staring deeply on to her gray orbs and the man did the same. His hands rested on her thigh, "How was your travel?" she asked, smiling.

Luthor's mouth fell slightly agape, he wasn't able to answer immediately, as if he was searching something from her eyes. But, after a second of silence, "I missed you" was all he responded in a husky voice.

"Well...surely you did" Lorelei looked down at her stomach. His big hands moving inside her shirt, slowly stroking her skin as it travelled the line under her breast.

She chuckled, "Come on, I know you're tired and hungry. I'll just finish this" she tried to move but Luthor stayed firm on his position, not wanting to let her go.

His wife giggled more, "Fine, Lucian" she cupped his face again, "But—" she paused placing a peck on his lips every word, "–after—dinner".

Lorelei pushed her husband away, leaving him sighing in defeat. She went back to preparing their food as Luthor walked inside their room to shower and change his clothes. He was assigned by their director to visit the project site, see if there needs revision and manage it as there were complaints from the partnered contractors. At least that's what he told her. She agreed to it as it was also convenient for her recent mission.

Speaking of mission, their chief hadn't called her yet for the reports. Sure Jamie already did, but he would usually summon her specially when it failed and clearly her attempt was a failure. If it was true that "The Dragon" would push through his plans of domination, then she did contribute for not stopping it.

"Dinner's ready!" she called out to Luthor a few minutes after she had set up the table. The man came out from their room, fresh from the bath. Now in his casual black shirt and loose pants. His hair still wet and he smelled of an after shave, which Lorelei finds really amorous. He knows she likes it, because she kept staring at him, slowly wiping her hands from the kitchen towel with a meaningful look on her eyes.

"So...where were you the whole three days I was gone, Love?" Luthor begun to ask, slicing the meat on his plate. His looking at her through his lashes.

The lady did the same. She was observing his forehead down to the side of his cheek then to his jaw. Her lips pursed before answering him, "I was in the company, traveling back and forth to the warehouse. Oh, I did some shopping for the curtains" Lorelei beamed before taking a sip on her glass.

Luthor offered her a weak smile, which the lady found very unusual, as she saw it as a contemptuous one. "Why? Is there something wrong with what I said?" Lorelei dropped her utensils and sat up straight. She looked at Luthor and faked an innocent smile. One wouldn't know she was, but Luthor caught her lies.

"What?" he responded rather perplexedly. Now, his eyes leveled with hers, only that she was in a certain degree of annoyance. "Is it about the curtains?" Lorelei almost hissed.

"What about the curtains?" Luthor's brows slightly furrowed, he was getting annoyed too. She's making his silence a big issue without even clearing what he did to make her assume he had something against her and her curtains.

Lorelei huffed, and turned her head to the side. This was not the first time they argued on something, but disagreeing with her curtains is a very petty reason for her to receive a derision remark. As if she hadn't known of his disapproval for her cream-colored drapes, he'd rather hung an all black cloth in that window for goodness sake.

"Love—" Luthor called out but the sound of their doorbell stopped the both of them from continuing the argument. The man stood up and left his wife to open the door. It was their neighbor, Jen Mapagmahal.

"Hi Mr. Mendez..." she paused, shyly looking behind him, roaming her eyes to find the Missus in the house.

"Good evening Mrs. Mapagmahal, what can I do for you?" a slight irritation on his cold voice came out which made the neighbor to slightly step back. She blinked several times before saying, "Uhm, we-we are having a-a get together party in our residence and everyone is invited. We were expecting you but I guess you were a bit late. I believe I told Mrs. Mendez the other day" she beamed when she saw Lorelei behind Luthor.

"Oh hi! I'm sorry, it might've slipped my mind Jen, yes we'll be there in a sec. Just let us get ready" Lorelei returned the smile, but it didn't reach her eyes. The neighbor knowingly nodded her head and disappeared in an instant. Luthor waited for her before closing the front door. He sighed as he shook his head in disagreement

What have I gotten myself into.