Luca

"Dad!" Luca jumped from the couch and run towards the main door when he heard his dad's car engine.

"Luca! No running!" Lorelei peeked from the kitchen to watch his son stop just at the line his parents drew on the floor.

He always has this habit to welcome his dad from work. One time he almost got hit by their gigantic wooden door to greet Luthor, luckily Lorelei caught him before war happened.

His little toes were wiggling as he waited for his dad to come inside. He learned not to cross the line and wait until the door was open. Once it showed his dad's face, he curved his lips. Luthor smiled at the young one too who happens to cling on to his leg while he was removing his shoes.

"Welcome home, Love" Lorelei greeted and walked towards them. She gave him a peck and picked up Luca who was still wrapped in Luthor's leg. He was wearing a serious look on his face. This child is kind of weird for his age. He rarely smiles, not like any kids his age do. He always remain silent and he's the complete copy of his dad's with his dull gray eyes. No mistake, he is a Mendez.

"Why don't you get the thing you wanted to show your dad Luca?" Lorelei reminded her son as she slowly dropped him on the floor. Without a word, the kid run to his room after.

Luthor removed his coat, loosened his tie and opened the first two buttons of his shirt. He rolled up his sleeves to his elbow and walked behind Lorelei who was heading back to the kitchen. She was slicing some mushrooms for her Chicken Alfredo. She was about to get back at her work when her husband suddenly twirled her around. Now she's caged in between his muscled arms.

Her back was leaning on the breakfast table. They were so close to each other Lorelei could smell the faint aroma of mint candy that he must've ate while he's driving back home.

Slowly, Luthor bended and nestled his head on the crook of  Lorelei's neck. He found a comfortable position to inhale all her scent. However, Lorelei felt his exhaustion. Her hands found it's way to Luthor's waist, clinging on the hem of his shirt, "You clearly look tired, why don't you take a rest in the bedroom, hmm–Love?" she told him in a gentle almost like a whisper.

He didn't respond instead he burried his head deeper on her neck, "What a stubborn adult" Lorelei chuckled softly as she snaked her hands to his neck, making the latter hum in satisfaction.

"Later–" he started, "–can I borrow your hands?" his warm breath moisten on her skin as he asked. Lorelei bit her bottom lip when the sudden sensation warmed her up. Knowing what he meant, Lorelei nodded her head, "Of course Love. You didn't have to tell me. I was gonna do it for you–" she paused for a minute.

Her hands started playing with his soft locks, slowly tugging and raking his hair as if she was brushing it softly. Her fair complexion suddenly turned red as she suggested the words—"And if you want, I can also massage you–" both looked by the door when Luca came running in. His little feet wobbling as he reached his parents by the kitchen top.

He looked up to them and muttered, "Can't find it" his tears started welling up but his face was emotionless.

Lorelei quickly untangled her hands by Luthor's neck and crouch to pick up her five year old son. Everytime she sees Luca's sad face, her heart aches like it has been stabbed. Just who wouldn't when they see Luca's gray eyes. His irises would become big and he would look so innocent. Even Loki would melt at his features.

"Baby, we'll find it. I'm sure it's just in your room" Lorelei comforted him.

Luthor stepped towards them and motioned to carry Luca, "I'll help you find it. Let's not disturb Mom's cooking, alright?" he said in a soft tone. Luca nodded and immediately embraced his dad as he was carried. The child rested his head on his shoulders, he still has the straight face. However, his eyes showed he was disappointed that he lost the cube he was trying to solve (gladly was able to) after several attempts.

Lorelei smiled as she watch the father and son leave the kitchen area. The resemblance of the two couldn't be denied, even their haircut's made them look twins. She chuckled as she remembered Luthor's face when he saw Luca dressed up like him. Lorelei made sure to copy him even his sunglasses and mini watch. He looked so soft and proud staring at his mini version.

On the second thought, how would it feel like if she had her mini version? Lorelei bit her bottom lip as she pondered on her thoughts. A mini me...