↳˳;; ❝ ONE ᵕ̈೫˚∗

And this, my friends, is where our story begins

is where our story begins.

『AHIKO』

THE CORPSE OF MY FRESHLY KILLED ENEMY SLUMPS OVER ME, splattering me in bright crimson. 

Why? Why is all this bloodshed necessary?

I faintly recall thinking that as a young, innocent child.

But now, as I silently push the still-warm body off me, I can only inwardly laugh at my former naïveté.

There is no room in this cruel world for such wishful thinking.

————

I drum my fingers against the desk quietly, eyes pointed downward. I stare at nothing in particular, trying to calculate when class will finally end. No offense to the academy teacher, but his voice is egregiously boring. It should genuinely be an offense for one's voice to be this monotonous.

Not to mention, I've already taught myself long ago what he's teaching us now. Or more accurately, all the guides and manuals in the library did.

I suppose you'll have lots of free time when your only parent tries to avoid you like the plague.

Five more hours of class. I sigh quietly, rubbing my temples.

"Ahiko, are you paying attention?" The robotic voice of the teacher calling my name snaps me back to reality.

"Of course. Sorry."

From that point on, I begin paying attention. After all, perhaps there's something I've missed. 

After ages and ages of examples, explanations, and charts, the teacher finally asks, "Alright? Who wants to be the first one to try?"

Immediately, I meet the eyes of the boy sitting next to me. His name is Hiroshi Uchiha, a name I will probably never forget for the rest of my life. Not with the way he's made it his life goal to annoy the living shit out of me, that is. He is my self-proclaimed (by him) 'rival for life', though he's developed the outrageous misconception that he's surpassed me already. Hmph. How arrogant.

I want to scoff as he sneers down at me with that cocky, very punchable face.

But anyhow, both of us being the competitive little thirteen-year-old nincompoops we are, we raise our hands at the exact same time.

We've been competing like this for as long as I remember knowing him. Which, unfortunately, is since we both began in the academy. He is, without saying, the one person that makes my blood pressure rise the highest.

I glare at him, and he glares right back.

"Erm..." the teacher coughs awkwardly. "Since you went last time, Ahiko, how about Hiroshi goes this time?"

Nobody else in the class bothers raising their hands. I suppose we're too competitive for them to jump in anymore.

I breathe out a sigh, giving him a bombastic side eye as he smirks down at me.

My eye twitches, and I swear that one day, I'll fulfill my fists' only wish of knocking some of his pretty white teeth out of his stupid face.

————

Published 8/5/22

Hi there, my lovely readers! First off, I have to thank you sincerely for giving this book  chance!

I know that this first chapter is short and not as informative as you might like, but I assure you that the rest of the story will be revealing many things! So I can only urge that you keep reading if you're unsatisfied!

And not to worry, the chapters will be getting longer as the story continues. 😉

For those who find Ahiko's name familiar, it's because this is my re-write of my old story(I forgot it's name 😬, but that's probs cuz I kept changing the title lmao) that I deleted a while back. It was quite popular, but I became unsatisfied because my thirteen-year-old ass of the past was a spontaneous, very unknowledgeable writer who did not know whatsoever what she was doing.

Not that that's changed much now but hopefully it's a little better than before-

But anyways, thank you again for giving this book a chance! I do wholeheartedly love it, since I've been daydreaming about it for literally years.

And now that wattpad has given me the ability to share my story with you(no matter how bad it may be) I hope it'll give you the same joy while reading it that I've gotten by writing it!

So again, thank you so much for giving this a chance! And I do sincerely hope you enjoy it.

Thank you, my dear readers.

- ay_hazie, a stupidly hopeful self-taught amateur writer who hopes you enjoy Ahiko's story :)

Peace out!