↳˳;; ❝ FOUR ᵕ̈೫˚∗

And all of the sudden, everything was different

『AHIKO』

MY EYES ARE OPEN BEFORE MY ALARM CLOCK GOES OFF. Yawning, I throw off my blankets and get ready for the day ahead. After a brisk shower, I get dressed in my normal outfit; a navy blue long-sleeve shirt and black joggers. Simple, of course, but practical.

I quickly make and eat breakfast, then brush my teeth and put my hair up in a ponytail.

After putting on my sandals and grabbing my lunch and bag, I step outside and take a deep breath in, expecting the crisp, cold air of winter-

I cough, inhaling gross, sticky, humid, warm spring air. Ew.

Right. I forgot. It's spring now. Dreary, rainy spring. I look up, noticing stormy gray clouds promise rain. I should probably get to school quickly. And grab a poncho, of course. I take off in a sprint, clutching my bag to my chest so it doesn't jostle around.

It doesn't take long before my breaths become shorter and more ragged, my lungs complaining as they burn. But of course, there's still a considerable distance between me and the school. I grumble under my breath as I feel a drop of rain land on my cheek. I feel another one. And another one.

I stop and put my poncho on, thankful I brought it. I continue running, the pitter patter of the rain not helping my already-dampened mood.

————

I shake the beads of water off my poncho as I stand in front of the school entrance. After neatly folding it and tucking it into my bag, I enter the building, heading toward my classroom on the second floor. I pull the sliding door open, wincing as it squeaks loudly.

Hiroshi's head snaps toward the entrance, his expression gloating as he spots me.

Damn. He beat me today. I sigh as I walk to our table after greeting the teacher. As I'm about to sit down, I notice someone on the other side of Hiroshi, facedown. Kagami.

"Is he... ok?" I mumble under my breath to Hiroshi, who's next to me.

"Yep." He replies cheerfully, giddy to have made it to class before me. And of course, the rest of the class.

"He's not usually here this early, right?" I ask, staring at my sleeping classmate in disbelief. How could he be sleeping in class?? Well, technically before class, but we're still in the classroom...

"Yup. I dragged him out of his bed today. I know he doesn't seem like it, but he's actually a pretty deep sleeper. Won't wake up till after seven." Hiroshi snorts, patting Kagami's shoulder. "Hey. Get up, Ahiko is here. She's gonna yell at you for sleeping in class or something."