↳˳;; ❝ SIX ᵕ̈೫˚∗

Something is wrong

Something is wrong. Very wrong.

『AHIKO』

FOR A FEW SECONDS, all of us are frozen in shock. Hiroshi and Kagami, who look like they had been in the middle of an argument, are both staring in different directions. Kagami is staring at the floor, sweating furiously. Hiroshi looks at me before his eyes flicker over to my father.

I can tell when they make eye contact, because Hiroshi flinches as if he's been hit. An expected reaction; my father can look quite scary sometimes.

But the unexpected reaction is my fathers. His eyes open wide and the muscles in his jaw tighten, his teeth grinding against each other painfully. His expression is... One I can't find words to describe. His chakra signature, which was noticeable enough, suddenly flares up as if someone poured oil in a bonfire. My already pounding head suddenly feels like bursting.

I gnash my teeth and sink to my knees, clutching my head.

Everyone's eyes are suddenly on me, and my father is at my side in an instant.

"Are you ok?" He murmurs, hand on my back, eyebrows arching downward in concern as I groan quietly in response.

"Just... please...get your chakra under control." I hiss through gritted teeth. Father nods, and I feel the pain receding as he wrangles his chakra signature back to normal.

"A-Ah, forgive us if we came at a bad time. We can leave, Lord Second." Kagami finally musters up the courage to speak, though his voice is shaky.

"It's quite alright." Father says coldly as he stands up. "Actually, if you don't mind, please watch her as I go get her medecine."

"Yes sir."

I look up as father's shadow disappears and he walks stiffly down the hallway.

"What are you two doing here?" I ask quietly as Kagami crouches down next to me. I try to keep my voice as steady as I can, for the sake of appearances. My peers think I'm strong and tough, so that's how I'm going to act.

"Ah- We came to deliver your homework and check in on you. We didn't expect Lord Second to be here." Kagami replies, eyes trailing to the bandages around my head.

"...Thank you." I say as he takes several sheets of paper out of his bag and puts them next to me. I take the papers and brace myself against the wall, preparing to stand up.

"Hey, I don't think you should be doing that." Hiroshi calls out, the first time he's spoken  to me since they came. His voice, which is usually always tainted with hints of laughter and joking, is unusually flat.

I stare at him and cock my head to the side."I'm fine, you worrywart."

"Ahiko, please sit back down. Your bandage is bloody, and you look pale. Don't push yourself." Kagami says softly, his naturally quiet voice not helping him convince me.