Nutella Pancakes

Asami was feeling trapped.

Like, physically, she was trapped. Her body was pressed against Korra, her strong hands gripping Asami for dear life. She didn't necessarily mind that, except she really needed to pee and it's been like, two hours.

Besides, not that she wasn't comfy, just... why was Korra sleeping in her bed?

She tried slipping out of Korra's death-hug again, and yelped when Korra just tightened her grip and held her even closer. Mumbling something in her sleep.

So, Asami had two choices here; either she woke Korra up, or she accepted that this was her new life.

She was leaning towards the second option.

"Don't go..." Korra then said, sleep still laced in her tone.

"Uh..." Asami wasn't sure if Korra was sleep talking or if she finally woke up. "Are you talking to me?"

Korra didn't answer, she just muttered a few things Asami couldn't make out.

"Suro no." She then said, a little more loudly.

Asami raised an eyebrow at that. Who the fuck is Suro, and how dare Korra dream about her right now?

"Korra?" Asami raised her tone, trying to wake her up so that she could interrogate her.

"Shhhhhh..." Korra whispered, holding Asami so tight her biceps flexed and pressed firmly against Asami's torso.

"Korra." She tried waking her up again, her voice hoarse from the lack of oxygen currently in her system. "Korra!"

Korra woke up with a sharp gasp and jumped backwards, disattaching herself from Asami. In a matter of seconds, she was already up on her feet and in a fighting stance, only breaking it after a few moments of Asami staring at her in complete confusion.

"Oh my God." Korra splattered nervously, looking paler than ever. "I am so sorry! I must've fallen asleep a-and I dreamt about... and my instincts kicked in and I just grabbed you!"

Okay, a bit of an overreaction on her part?

"It's... alright..." Asami said, pulling herself up. "Who's Suro?"

"S-Suro?" Korra's voice shook. "She was in my unit. S-she's the one who's wedding we're attending."

It took Asami a moment to realize that Korra's voice wasn't shaking, Korra was shaking. And suddenly, it hit her; Korra wasn't having a wet-dream about some other girl, Korra had a flashback.

Instantly, Asami stood up as well. She wasn't sure if physical touch would help or worsen things, but she needed to get Korra seated down, and she lacked other options.

"Hey," she placed her hands on each of Korra's shoulders, "take a deep breath, okay? Sit down, you're safe here."

Korra nodded in agreement, her bottom lip quivering as she let Asami gently push her down to a sitting position. She was clearly distraught, and didn't say anything. She only looked at Asami with big, hopefull, puppy eyes and... God, it made Asami want to hug her forever and protect her from any harm.

"I'm gonna make you some tea, okay?" Asami asked her softly. "And um... how do you feel about burnt pancakes?"

That question made Korra crack a weak smile, and instantly Asami smiled back. "Can you make them not burnt?" Her voice may have been small, but the sarcastic tone to it was unmistakeable.

"Probably not," Asami joked, "I'll try my best though. Okay?"

"Wait." Korra stopped her before Asami could turn around and leave. Her face slowly gaining back it's color. "Can I..?"