The day after

"So, what do you girls have planned for today?"

"Um," Korra looked over at Asami, smiling softly, "I was planning on showing Asami around. She had never been here, so I thought it would be nice." 

"Where are you two going?" Senna curiously asked.

Korra shrugged. "All the basic stuff, the best restaurant for dinner, site seeing, penguin sledding–"

"Penguin what now?" Asami asked, confused.

"Penguin sledding." Korra repeated, as if it was self explanatory.

"Oh, of course," Asami sarcastically said, "penguin sledding, duh."

"Don't worry, you'll see." Korra winked.

Asami couldn't help but smile. She had absolutely no idea what penguin sledding was, but Korra was just too good damn cute! She didn't even care what they'd do, as long as they'd be together.

"Question," Korra's father started, "are you planning on going to the monument?"

Asami didn't know for sure what he was talking about, all she could do was infer that it had something to do with the recent war. Korra, however, seemed to know exactly what he was talking about, as she shifted her weight in her seat and laughed uncomfortably.

"Jeez, dad, that's a bit of a heavy topic for a nice family lunch, isn't it?" She mumbled.

"I was just wondering," he defended himself, "it's important you go pay your respects, don't you think?"

"When did I ever visit the south and skipped on going there?" Korra rolled her eyes. "But I'm not sure it'll be today... I haven't even asked Asami about it yet."

"Oh, I'd like to go," Asami interrupted, getting the feeling that they kinda forgot she was there, "if that's something you're comfortable with, of course."

Korra smiled at her sadly. "I'll think about it," she softly said.

"Okay," Asami nodded, "but again, only if you feel comfortable with it. If not, I could probably just practice Mario Kart when you're there." She joked.

"See! Mario Kart! We made a good choice with her!" Tonaraq laughed. "Oh boy!"

"You do not get any credit for this!" Korra argued. "I taught her Mario Kart! She didn't like it before she met me!"

"We picked a racer," Senna deadpanned, "a racer! The credit is definitely ours."

"Yeah? Well..." Korra glanced at Asami, who was mere seconds away from bursting into laughter. "...Shut up."

"You guys are great." Asami said, giggling.

"Don't encourage them!" Korra exclaimed.