Zabuza and Haku

I smirked a bit as we finally crossed the lake and began to walk again. I watched Naruto throw kunai like a maniac and saw Ami bash him on the head. Then came the white bunny. I decided to sit this fight out. So I grabbed the small thing and wandered into the trees before Zabuza attacked, telling Kakashi I was going to go hunt before I would make my way to Tazuna's house.

I settled down around a mile away and started petting the rabbit, waiting for Haku to come get her. Sure enough, he showed up very fast.

"May I have my rabbit back ma'am?" He asked politely. I smiled and waved him down.

"Of course. You really must be more careful. The poor thing was terrified! You and Zabuza have to give her some sort of treat later for her hard work." He got tense and held a senbon to my throat. I looked up.

"Ara ara~ Put the needle away please. There's a reason I left the battle area before the fight started. I'm on your side. I was planning to ditch Konoha during this mission." I revealed. I wasn't exactly lying. I may love the Nara family but even they couldn't stop the hatred I had for the village.

Haku slowly lowered the needle and I let him take the rabbit. "Where do you plan to go? If you don't mind me asking?" I grinned.

"Wherever my heart chooses. Most likely a particular group of S-ranked rogues. The Akatsuki." His body went very stiff.

"Are you crazy? They'll kill you." I smiled softly, remembering the times we had inside of the shinigami's stomach. When we were all dead and they still remembered me.

"Then so be it. I'm strong. I know how to do things. I'll catch their eye." I lied. I wasn't going to do that. They preferred a more.... daring approach.

Haku's head perked a bit as he turned back to the fighting area. "My apologies but it seems I must be leaving. The name is Haku by the way."

"Call me Sakura. Sakura Haruno." He nodded and left. I pouted as I remembered he took the bunny. I shrugged and got up, starting my hunt. I caught around three pigs and five chickens.

I kept them all alive for Tsunami-San. I made my way to the house, following the scent of a beat up Kakashi and a frantic team seven. I smiled at Tsunami as I told her who I was and what I had brought. She actually cried as she whispered about being able to eat properly. I smiled sadly as I built a fence and chicken coops and put the animals inside.

They ran around for a bit before settling down. I went inside and helped cook dinner, not bothering to heal Kakashi. Bastard overdid it. Not my problem. He should know that I won't heal him if he overdoes it.

I went to bed after eating in the kitchen away from the angry Inari. I wanted to leave him alone this time.

I woke before the sun rose the next day and waited for Tazuna. He came out soon after and I escorted him to the bridge to help building. I helped the workers lift heavy beams and by midday many people had come to stare as I lifted heavy metal beams and giant planks of wood. I remembered everything that we did while rebuilding Konoha after Pein's attack and put it to use.

As we walked home, Tazuna thanked me profusely, claiming that was the most they had ever gotten done in a single day. I just smiled and offered some sake which he accepted.

I went to bed that night, ignoring Kakashi who tried to get me to heal him. I repeated my normal routine until the day Naruto stayed out all night. Then I had Sasuke stay with Ami and went to fetch him.

Me and Haku talked as I helped the two find good herbs that could help Zabuza out a bit. I gave Haku a small note, telling Zabuza that the pink one was on his side.

I waved as Haku left and dragged Naruto home, eventually letting him climb onto my back. He looked really happy as I gave him small acts of affection and it warmed my heart greatly.

I let him eat breakfast as my head started pounding in pain. I groaned as I hunched over the counter in the kitchen.

"Are you alright Sakura-San?" Tsunami asked. I nodded.

"Just a headache. Tell Tazuna that a few of Naru's clones can protect him for the day." She nodded and left as I walked to my room, trying to heal my headache. It wasn't working. I groaned as my head pounded even harder than before. I ran to the bathroom, stumbling.

I looked in the mirror and froze. There was blood on my head. Two large cuts that weren't healing had opened somehow. I tried to stop the blood but it just kept pouring.

I fell to the floor next to the tub, hearing footsteps rapidly approaching. I had locked the door. I heard someone call out my name before someone else responded in my own voice.

"I'm fine. I just dropped something." I tensed. I saw Haku come through the door, concern on his face. He strode over and lifted me up.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly. I shook my head as my vision blurred. I felt weak. Why wasn't my healing jutsu working?

"I'm going to take you to Zabuza. I'll leave a note signed by you for your team." I nodded weakly, not trusting my voice.

He carried me bridal style as he jumped through the trees. He kept me awake with small questions. I was thankful. Something was wrong with me and yet he, a person I hardly knew, was caring for me while keeping a secret.

I found myself at their hideaway, being placed onto a couch near Zabuza who regarded me with curious eyes.

"You good?"

"Just peachy." I rasped.