Missions

"Sakura wake up." I grumbled and flipped over to the other side of the couch. Nope. Not getting up today.

"Sakuraaaa." It came as a warning. I chucked a kunai at whoever spoke.

"Yeah she's not getting up. And I am not losing an eye trying, un." I moved to cover my ears from the loud people around me but someone spoke up.

"Let me try." It was Itachi. I was determined to stay dead asleep this time.

"Sakura the fruit bowls are gone." My eyes snapped open and I jumped off the couch.

"WHO THE FUCK TOOK MY FRUIT BOWLS?! I'LL KILL YOU..." I growled.

"How the fuck did THAT work?" Hidan asked. I blinked before turning to Itachi, a betrayed expression.

"Sorry." He deadpanned. I pouted. I turned to the rest of the living room to see Kisame, Hidan and Deidara all standing there.

Kisame was chuckling as the other two looked tired of this already. "Hehe." I laughed a bit and rubbed my neck in embarrassment.

My ring suddenly began to pulse with chakra. I could tell Itachi had felt it as well. We all began to look down at our rings and I quickly tried to get a knot out of my hair. We were walking so it was a little harder.

So Itachi helped me by gently pulling the knot free and combing my hair with his fingers. I hummed and just let him braid it. I could feel the annoyed stare of Deidara.

"Damn Uchiha always gets the girls..." he grumbled. I sent him a glare.

"Deidara if you have something to say, say it to our faces. Me and Itachi have known each other for well over a decade so obviously we'd be close." Deidara winced and Hidan snickered.

Kisame just shrugged and walked ahead. We got to the door and Kisame held it open for us. I stepped in and noticed the icy chill in a second. The others were shivering a little bit and I made out the form of three men in the corner, sitting I recognized one in an instant. My lips pulled into a grin.

"Now that everyone is here. Meet the new members. They will be working with us for as long as needed." The three stepped up.

Douma came out of the shadows and waved lazily. "I'm only here for my little sis." He stated with a smile. "I couldn't care less if the rest of you died." He sent them a happy grin, making most sweatdrop.

A shorter man with neon pink hair and yellow eyes stepped out next. He had thick blue lines all over his body and seemed a little uncomfortable in his cloak.

The last man stepped out. Dark rad hair with hints of black and six dark eyes. A red mark spread across his face. A sword rested on his hip. His eyes were colder than any ice that my brother could create.

I grinned and padded right up to my brother. The others worked an eye brow until he stood at his full height of seven foot two and picked me up casually. They choked a bit.

The pink one, Akaza based on my brother's journal, narrowed his eyes. "Douma put the kid down. She may be your sister but shes old enough to stand."

I threw a shoe at him. "I am also old enough to light you on fire so don't test me." I snapped. He rolled his eyes.

"Whatever." I just sighed and relaxed as Douma-nii carried me out of the room. I was very happy by this turn of events.

"So what happened to not going to join or staying on the run?" I asked. He shrugged.

"We all got bored and I wouldn't stop whining about wanting to see you." He stated cheekily. I smirked.

"Sound about right." I teased.

"Hey! That's mean!" He pouted. I just waved him off.

I saw Itachi fall into step beside us. Douma-nii's eyes narrowed. "You. You were there when she was hurt were you not?" Itachi nodded.

"Thank you. But just know this. Get too close and hurt her you will die. Otherwise you can stay with her." Itachi grunted.

"Wouldn't have it any other way." Douma grinned.

"Then we are in agreement." He set me down and quickly left in a swirl of ice lily petals. I stomped my foot. He really just left like that?

Itachi patted my head. "You'll see him later. For now you have a mission you just left before hearing it." I paused.

"Don't you mean we?" He shook his head.

"You're going on a mission with Pein-sama." I paused.

"I see. I'll go get ready." I quickly strode off and went to my room to get ready. I wondered why I was going on a mission with the leader of the Akatsuki.

As far as the last timeline went, he didnt do missions. Not until he tried to capture Naruto. So why was he doing one with me? And now?

I shook it off and packed my last weapon, my brother's golden fan. I tied my hair back and left my room, heading to Pein's office to meet him.

I knocked before I entered. When I stepped in, I noticed something was off. It was empty. A single note lay on his desk with my name on it.

'If you are reading this Sakura, Walk to outer favorite spot. The shinigami loves to play.'

It wasn't signed, but it was clearly Pein's handwriting. My face went pale. I dropped the note and sprinted out. I rushed past a few of the others and made my way out of the hideout.

My feet carried me all the way to a tree atop a large hill. The surrounding area was dense forest with a few streams. The tree was a willow, it's long vines hiding the trunk. I stopped outside the clearing to catch my breath.

"Hello Sakura." I turned to meet Pein's eyes.

"How much do you remember?"