Tulips - Sunny

Sunny couldn't stop smiling. He was glad he'd run into Basil, he somehow felt that Basil being there made everything okay. That facing Hero again wouldn't be so bad.  As they walked, he began to take in his surroundings once more, drinking in every familiar detail. Unperturbed by the slight differences the snow made. Every lamp post or sight on the path pulled from his memory, unchanged. He liked that about the little town, it barely ever changed. He would always feel safe and at home there.

"Sunny?" 

Basil pulled Sunny from his thoughts, Sunny vaguely remembered hearing Basil speak before then but wasn't quite sure what he had said, "Uhhh yes?"

Basil raised an eyebrow slightly before brushing it off, "I was just asking about how you and your mother have been."

"Oh!" Sunny shifted slightly, "We've been doing well. Not much has been going on honestly."

Basil nodded, "That's good. How about school?"

It was Sunny's turn to raise an eyebrow, "I wasn't aware I gained another parent."

Basil huffed, "Don't be that way! You were gone for awhile! I just want to catch up!"

"I know," Sunny smiled, "I just like messing with you."

Basil sighed, "Whatever. Come on, we're here."

Basil opened the door to his house, as they walked in, Sunny vaguely remembered a text conversation he and Basil had. Basil had inherited the house (which turned out to be fully paid off) from his grandmother. So the only problem left was the bills, which Polly had offered to take care of until Basil was older and had a stable job.

Sunny gently knawed on the side of his cheek, last time he was here.... he shook his head, pushing the thoughts from his mind and ignoring the burning sensation he felt beneath his eye patch. Polly was asleep on the couch, Basil put his finger to his lips. Sunny nodded and they crept off down the hall, heading toward Basil's bedroom.

Basil stopped at the door way, "Wait here." He whispered before slipping into his room. A few moments later he emerged, "Alright, come in."

As sunny went in, he noticed how little Basil's room had changed. He wasn't surprised though. Basil like to keep things how they were, always making sure everything stayed nice and tidy. Something, however, did feel off. "What happened to the flowers that were in here?"

Basil sat on the bed and shrugged, "I moved them to my grandmother's old room."

Sunny nodded, looking around the room. It's was a small, simple room. Basil's bed was across from his bookshelf. The only flowers left in the room, it seemed, were a pot of white tulips on the highest shelf. He sat on the end of the bed at Basil's gesture.

"Do you still have the photo album?" 

Sunny smiled slightly, "Yeah. I look at it all the time. I brought it with me actually."

Basil's eyes lit up, "Can I see it?"

"I left it in my bag back at-" His eyes widened, "Kels house! What time is it!?"

Basil looked at his phone, "Only about 4:30. Why?"

Sunny let out a sigh of relief, "Kels mother asked me to be back before six, you should come with."

"Sure. So we should leave around 5:30?"