Nightmares and an Omelet

Okay I'm going back to the beginning and adding this little author's note while in the midst of writing this chapter. Taking such a long break from writing gave me a bit of writer's block, I realized that as I was trying to do this. I'm pretty sure I did okay with the first bit of the chapter but as I got farther along (and maybe this is just my stupid brian) I started feeling like it was off, so I came back to just give you a heads up. I'm sorry. This truly wasn't my best work and I may come back to scrap the chapter and re-write it if you don't like it- after I review some of the material that inspires me and breaks me from this block of course. I truly don't feel great about posting this chapter but I worked on it and you guys have been waiting for it so here it is. Again I'm sorry, and again, I may come back to rewrite if this turns out shit. (Also I'd appreciate if you suggested other Omori fics that you know of as those usually help me get into writing this- not forcing though obviously haha)

Have a lovely day, enjoy this mess.

FML LOL

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·  (Do you like my new little divider?) 

The dream started the same as it always did.

She cried, sitting on her knees before him, her face held in her hands. Black hair strewn about her, draping over a pale white dress he'd only seen in her casket.

"Why?" She whimpered through her sobs, "I want to be there with you. I want to grow up with you."

He felt his throat begin to close, pain filling his heart and head. He wanted to reach out to her, comfort her, but his body wouldn't move.

"You're moving on," She sobbed, "You're leaving me behind."

He felt his tears welling up, he wanted to cry out, to tell her he'd never leave her. Never forget her, but his voice wouldn't obey.

"Why?" Her words were hoarse, "Why can't I be there with you?"

His heart pounded in his ears, it was his fault. Knowing that for so long he didn't think it could hurt him anymore than it already had, but it turned out he was wrong. There was nothing he could do. He could hug her, he couldn't speak to her, he'd loved her and he'd killed her. Now he'd have to live without her. The tears flowing from his eyes turned oily, black. They flowed over his face, burning his eyes and any skin they touched. He felt panic welling up as she just sat there, silently sobbing. He tried to reach for her and, surprisingly, his body obeyed. He reached out and-

"Sunny!" Someone shook him, "Sunny wake up! You're having a nightmare!"

Sunny's eyes opened, he was breathing heavily, panic still stuck with him and he could feel tears rolling down his face. Kel was looking down at him, concern written distinctly over his features, "Dude are you okay?"

Shakily, the ravenette sat up, darkness surrounded them. "Kel? Wh-What time is it?" He cringed at his own stuttering, ick. Mewo jr. who had been laying against his back sat up, blinking before climbing into his lap and falling back asleep.

"I don't know." Kel sighed, "I woke up and you were breathing all heavy. Crying and stuff. I didn't really check."

Sunny looked down, pursing his lips with slight shame. "Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you."

Kel let out half of a dry laugh, "Don't apologize, I'm glad I woke up. You looked like you were in pain or something..." Kel looked down, "I was really worried actually."

"Thank you for waking me." Gray eyes met brown ones, an awkward silence growing until they both looked away, "Did Basil and Aubrey leave?"

"Yeah, about an hour after you fell asleep, it was kind of hard to move you from leaning on Basil." Kel chuckled, "I'm still kind of surprised at how comfortable you guys are with each other. I remember you guys would do similar things when we were kids too."