2 Familiar Faces

My head swung to my left, trying to track the voice that seemed to echo down the streets like a ripple in a pond.

"COME BACK HERE, YOU FLEA SO I COULD FUCKING MURDER YOU, DAMMIT!!!"

"Oh-" I let the sound escape my lips when I saw Orihara-san turning the corner. This explains "flea" and "murder", I thought to myself. My calmness was cut short when my eyes tracked the person who was shouting.

All color left my face as Heiwajima Shizuo, fully equipped with a street sign, drifted along the same corner Orihara-san came from. I swallowed in a quick breath before spinning on my heel and dashing down the sidewalk. Maybe I'll be safe if I enter a building... Not. Heiwajima Shizuo-san's stop sign was seen to be cutting into buildings' concrete with ease.

I felt like crying out in frustration. Instead, I shouted, "Geez! Why is nowhere in this city safe from disaster?!"

The voice of a female called out behind me. "You should have solved that problem before moving in."

My head whipped around quickly until my sight fixed on the van beside me. Two people pulled me in before I could protest, but it seemed far from a kidnapping. In front of me sat a pair of familiar people; Karisawa Erika and Yumasaki Walker.

"Ah!" I exclaimed upon recognition.

"I," Erika replied while Walker followed with "U."

"E," the driver intervened.

"O," said the man in the passenger seat.

I giggled, feeling giddy. "Erika! Walker! It's been so long!"

"Yeah! It has!" Walker answered. "How've ya been, (-First Name-)-chan?" he asked, eyebrows raised and intrigued.

"I'm living, so meh." I shrugged and leaned back against the van's wall. Then, I remembered something. "Hey! What time is it?" I asked in a panic. "I have work!"

"It's nine a.m.; thirty to ten," the man in the passenger seat answered me. "We could drop you off if you want. Where do you work?"

"Ehehe... About that... Um. It's fine. I'll just go home, if that's alright," I decided. If I can help it, I'd like to stop people from finding out where I work.

Erika and Walker gave each other a questioning glance before turning towards me again with cheery smiles. "Okay then. Where do you live?"

"Ah..." I pondered the question for a moment. "I forgot the full name of the hotel I'm staying in. You can leave me on the sidewalk of Sunshine Street near Matsuya. I'll find my way."

The driver spoke up, but didn't let his eyes stray away from the road. "If it's Matsuya, then are you staying at Hotel Grand City?"

"Y-yes... I think. How'd you know?"

"I've driven around there several times because those two enjoy going to Animate which is nearby." (Author's Note: The locations of everything are real. I did my research like a freaking boss.)

"Wow, Saburo-chin! You're actually smart!" Erika cheered.

"Tsk."

Once we got to the hotel, I smiled and waved goodbye to them while Erika and Walker insisted that they were going to show up someday to bring me into Animate... which I didn't really mind.

At the second that the van drove away, I dashed into the hotel. Frantically pushing the elevator button repetitively, I decided that it would take forever for it to come down and bring me back up. Stairs it is.

Step by step, I got to my room--just for the single purpose of getting my bag off the coffee table--and ran back downstairs to get to my workplace which was two or three blocks away. Almost late, I thought to myself between breaths. Almost late to my first day on the job.