9 Taichi

Author's Note: Are you guys ready for the Taichi chapter? I sure am~! Haha! :D

I woke up a bit later than I expected, but I still had quite some time to burn before I had to head out. Today marks the end of my first week being here in Ikebukuro. A lot of things happened; sometimes good, but mostly bad. A massive gang fight, a death, and even a car crash where I was intended to be the victim! There was also the chatroom which I haven't visited in a long time. I wondered if the occupants were curious about me.

Now that I thought about it, Orihara-san was probably part of the chat. If anything, he was certainly the one who sent me the link to it. How does he continuously gain access to all of these things...? It does explain the recurring "queen" theme that I kept encountering. I forced myself not to think about it too hard because I should be grateful that he's helping me so willingly. He didn't strike me as the type to give without any means of payment.

Shizuo and Tom-san were definitely the most pleasant people out of those that I just recently met. Of course, this thought occurred to me so suddenly that I hardly had any time to remember that I had met Celty-san and Kishitani-san not so long ago as well. They too were quite high on my list due to them simply being big sacks of kindness. I wouldn't expect such characters out of these four who looked intimidating on their own with the exception of Kishitani-san--whom I haven't seen without a brilliant smile spread across his features especially when talking about his sole love. Although I didn't know all that much about any of them, I kept the truth of their sweet nature close to both my mind and heart. Someday it might just save me.

Afternoon started to pass by without me noticing, and before I knew it, it was time for me to find the kid. I dressed casually before heading out. What was I even planning to say to him? He'd probably deny anything I accuse him of. I was being reckless again. However, I had no intention of turning back now, so whatever I had to say, I'd improvise.

I started off walking to the school and planned to catch a taxi perhaps once I've covered a bit of distance on foot. After imagining having to wait shadily outside the school gates, I decided that I didn't want to arrive early.

While I was immersed in my own thoughts, I was hardly able to see the person driving up next to me until they tapped lightly on my shoulder to get me to look around. It was Celty-san. She gave me a gesture that I recognized as her way to say hello. Even then, I didn't know why she wouldn't just outright talk to me. Maybe she was shy? Mute? Who knows?

"Hello, Celty-san!" I greeted. "How are you doing? I haven't seen you in a while."

She pulled out her PDA just like before and ran her fingers across the surface, typing so quickly it looked like she did so as an occupation.

[>>I'm fine, thank you. Are you heading somewhere?]

I leaned in to read her message. "Yeah, I'm just... visiting a friend."

She gave a defined nod and typed more.

[>>Do you need a lift? I'm just out for a ride. I could take you.]

I glanced at her bike. It was completely black and didn't even appear to have headlights or anything. While I was observing it, it came to my attention that people were staring at us. They were all several feet back as if they were pushed away by a force field or something. I could see them turning to whisper amongst themselves and some were even taking pictures.

I raised my gaze back up to Celty-san. "Celty-san... are you a celebrity?" She slightly flinched and waved her hands as if saying "No, it's not like that at all." I giggled at her reaction. Maybe she's just humble. "At any rate," I continued, "I'm fine. I'm planning to call a cab soon anyways, so go on ahead with your leisure ride!"