1

Razor sat up in the bed and yawned, stretching out his arms above his head. Bennett lay next to him with his arms wrapped around his waist. He didn't stir with Razor moving. Razor gently removed his arms from himself and got out of the bed. Ordinarily, this wouldn't be a problem. If Razor was still small they'd fit perfectly in each other's arms. But, ever since puberty slapped Razor in the face... his body felt awkward next to Bennett's. He was taller and bulky. Razor desperately wanted to go back to being the same height as Bennett. That way he wouldn't have to look down at him. Their eyes would be on the same level to start with. 

"Razor..." Bennett waved his arm around on the bed before opening his eyes. He rubbed the edges of his eyes after sitting up. "Razor, you should've woken me up if you were awake." 

How was he supposed to tell him he didn't want to disturb his slumber? Bennett's sleeping face was the most beautiful thing in the world. He looked so peaceful lying there. Instead of voicing any of these thoughts verbally, Razor returned to the side of the bed and pat Bennett's head. 

"I know you did this a lot before but..." Bennett grabbed Razor's hand and removed it from his head. "Somehow it feels different now that you're taller than me..." 

Razor's hair covered his eyes as he pulled his hand away. "...sorry," he spoke quietly. "Won't do." 

"No, no! I didn't mean you can't!" Bennett clarified. 

"Bennett no like. Won't do." The last thing he wanted to do was make Bennett uncomfortable. 

"Razooooor!" Bennett jumped up and hugged him. "I'm sorry. I really didn't mean it like that! You can pat my head!" 

"Bennett...is sure?" 

"Yes! Go ahead! My body is ready!" 

"Hmm..." Razor nodded and placed his hand on Bennett's head, petting him. 

"Ehe!" Bennett grinned. "I'll pet you back so then we'll be even!" Bennett lifted his hand to touch Razor's head but he was just out of reach. "Oh...sorry...can you bend down a bit?" Bennett stopped hugging Razor so he could get a better angle. Razor took a step back and leaned forward so Bennett could touch his head. 

"Sorry," Bennett apologized, patting Razor's head. "I'll try to get taller soon." 

"Bennett perfect," Razor shook his head. Bennett was perfect just the way he was. He didn't need to change. It was Razor that had to go back to how he was before. "Razor sorry...Razor changed...not same Razor. Bennett married different Razor..." Razor's voice cracked slightly and he stood up straight once again. He turned around and walked out of the bedroom, not wanting to talk about it anymore. 

"Razor sorry," he muttered again.