8

"Creepy?" Bennett glanced at the pile again even though it was covered. 

Razor nodded. 

"Razor," Bennett squatted down beside him, "they're not creepy! I think it's really cute that you did so many paintings of me! I didn't know you were paying so much attention to how I looked or what I did." 

"Always Bennett," Razor pointed to his head. He didn't think about anything except wolves and Bennett. Which were two equally important things to Razor. Anything being equally as important as wolves was already an accomplishment. Bennett really should have more pride in his position in Razor's heart. 

"You're always thinking about me?" Bennett smiled, reaching up to ruffle Razor's head. He stopped, just as his hand almost touched Razor's head. Razor stared, wondering why Bennett stopped and leaned his head forward into Bennett's hand just as a dog would. 

"I'm sorry. You're so tall now and I keep trying to treat you like a little kid just because I was used to you being a cute little wolf-obsessed guy," Bennett blushed, apologizing. Razor froze, feeling his heart threaten to shatter in two. He really hated that he got taller and Bennett just punched him in the gut with that fact. 

"Sorry..." Razor apologized. "Razor got taller. Makes Bennett feel awkward." 

"Huh?" Bennett blinked. 

"Razor...no like being tall. Want to be small again. Bennett likes small Razor more." 

"What gave you that idea?!" Bennett grabbed Razor's face, holding it in his hands and making him look at his own. "I don't care if you're big or small. Razor is Razor!" 

"Razor...has touched Bennett more but Bennett flinches and steps away." Razor leaned forward and proving his point, Bennett moved back from his face instinctively. "See?" Razor sighed, looking down at the ground. 

"Sorry, no, it's not what you think Razor!" Bennett forced his head back up again to look at him. His own face was as red as a tomato. "I move away because I like you too much and I don't know how comfortable you are with me liking you so I don't want to make you uncomfortable by doing something you don't like."

"What?"