𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧:𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐲

"Tell me

"Tell me..."
Before proceeding, Soojin took a big breath and sighed deeply.

"Why did you drug your husband, Iseul?"
He questioned, his voice twisted.

I looked at the ground and laughed sarcastically, as though I couldn't believe what I'd just heard.

My chuckles turned into a sigh as I tried to contain myself.
"You believe her?? Those words??... What am I even saying- Of course, you would."

"Iseul-"
He was about to start complaining when I interrupted him.

"What? Because it's from your wife, you're going only to listen to her? this is just bullshit." 
I growled, frustrated once again, and scoffed.

He took a breath after hearing my statement. What I stated was simple, but it was truthful and accurate.

He turned a deafening ear to the words that escaped from my lips.

"Seems like you don't want to leave this cell." He said this while frowning and shaking his head.

"Seems like you don't want to accept that your wife is the culprit."
After his remark, I retaliated.

For him, the words that came out of my mouth were bitter to the ear; It was the unknown reality he didn't want to accept.

Silence filled the surroundings.

My eyes rolled again after a few seconds as I predicted his reaction to be precisely what I had imagined.

"Now tell me. How's Heeseung's condition?"
I changed the subject because the silence was becoming exceedingly loud.

"He's still unconscious. The doctor said that he would wake up soon."
He responded.

My mind has now received the good news that will enable me to relieve my overburdened frustration. I breathed a sigh of relief.

He merely answered that question to avoid answering the previous one.

"Soojin. When Heeseung wakes up, he will tell everything that happened in the situation."
When I locked my gaze on him, my expression became solemn, and so did his.