𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫; 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐚𝐭𝐞

Long chap

Long chap.

I reached out and took Heeseung's hand as we started to make our way into the massive entrance of the ball

The closer we got, the louder the instruments sang into our ears.

Plenty of people were coming inside one by one, and we were one of them.

Servers bearing glasses of champagne and wine greeted us as we entered the ballroom.

After they surrounded us and offered us two drinks, we chose the sparkling beverage.

After bowing to us, they walked away to greet the newcomers.

As the number of people inside the ball increased, I clung closer to Heeseung, worried about becoming overwhelmed if I separated from him.

Then a couple came walking toward us, making me anxious and unprepared.

"Greetings, your highness, Iseul and Heeseung,"
The two of them bowed for a while and then beamed.

This pair looked to be in their golden years together. They may be a duke and duchess.

"Greetings to you too,"
We returned the greeting. At that point, I was at a loss for words, but Heeseung was prepared.

It was all over my head, and I had no idea what they were discussing.

However, the constant use of management, saving, and planning leads me to believe that this is a business conversation.

It wasn't delightful to be there as I felt left out.

I didn't want to bother anyone, so I looked about aimlessly and happened to see Laira and Kristin, who was standing off to the side and having a conversation by one of the pillars.

"I'll go somewhere else, Heeseung, over there."
I gave Laira and Tina another sidelong glance before bowing to them.

When I turned around, Heeseung checked that I had gone that way again.