Half A Sick Day- Enjolraire

"No, I'm fine, R. I'm fine," Enjolras mumbles, sitting on the table about as well as a sack of potatoes would.

"I find that hard to believe," I chuckle. Enjy was coughing up his guts this morning. I told him to stay home, that it was fine to miss one day of work. Not surprisingly, he defied me, going anyway insisting that it was nothing.

Well, guess what, it wasn't nothing! He's been hunched over his papers all day, coughing up his insides. Literally everyone was telling him to go home because... I mean look at him. The circles under his eyes were getting more prominent by the day, even though I sleep in his arms. He's been stumbling around our offices all day, practically on the verge of collapsing.

Yet he. Refuses. To. Go. Home.

"I need to get Courf to send in the... the umm. Ugh, what's the thing called?" He groans in a hoarse voice as he flaps his hand around in the air, his eye's closed in frustration.

"...report?" I offer, knowing that I'm going to get this lump of sick home if it was the last thing I do. I mean I know Enjy's stubborn...hopefully not that much.

"Yeah that thing," He says, sighing, rubbing his face with his hands. Goddammit, this man was too good for this world.

"Enjy-"

"I don't need to go home, Grantaire. I'm tired, that's all. I just need to push through it," He sighed, trying to stand up. That launched him headfirst into a coughing fit. I'm there by his side immediately, rubbing his back as he shakes with chokes.

"Yeah no. I'm taking you home," I say, laughing lightly

"No-" His hoarse voice replies as he tries to protest, tries pushing past me. Emphasis on tries. He's so weak I can stop him. And I'm not that strong... like at all. He can see this and stops his retreat.

"Enjolras, baby," I say softly. He looks at me with his big blue frickin eyes. But seriously, how does someone fit the sky in their eyes? His head falls on my shoulder, because of course he can, he's like six feet tall. I wrap my arms around his broad shoulders as he melts. I kiss the spaghetti on the side of his head that he calls hair. Coz... I cant reach the top.

"Home?" I ask, grinning at his probable answer. I feel him give a weak nod, my smile widening. "Let's go," A whisper, sliding my hand into his limp one, the warmth spreading to mine. I smile as he guides my arm around his waist, because in what world would I be able to reach his shoulders.

I wanna scream this man is so adorable when he's sickkkkk

I guide him out of the office, holding him close to me. I tell everyone that we're leaving, sending a nice little glare towards Javert, this old grumpy dude that just happens to be the most homophobic person in the office. (Which honestly isn't hard, pretty much everyone here's gay).

Rain tapps against the door as we walk outside. I'm a fantastic shield to the rain, as you can probably tell. You know, being four inches shorter than my boyfriend and just being down right small. So yeah... we both get soaked as we reach the car. At least my wonderful sick boyfriend can laugh at my wet curls slapped across my face.

"Well if you weren't sick before, you are now," I laugh, shoving my hair out of my eyes. He slumps down in the passenger seat, panting, his body slightly shaking with laughs. "Let's get you home," I say, my laugh still evident in my words.

The car rolls along the wet, quiet road. Enjolras' curls tickle my neck as he drifts to sleep on my shoulder. I silently coo at his adorableness, wanting to take a photo, but also not wanting to crash the car and die, y'a know?

The car ride goes fairly quickly. I guide the car up the driveway, stopping it and pulling out the keys as carefully as I can, not wanting to wake the sleeping angel. I mean... I'll have to at some point to get him inside (There's no way I'm carrying him with these noodle arms) but I want to stare at him for a bit. Not in like... a creepy way, I just like looking at him. Nope still creepy.

I run my hands through the blond bush on top of his head, running my thumb over his cheek bones. I manoeuvre my head to plant a kiss on his forehead, and apparently that's enough to wake a person up. He stirs, pushing himself off my shoulder. A goofy smile spreads across his face as our gazes meet, but I can tell his eyes are slowly closing again.

"You needa get inside, Apollo," I whisper, placing a kiss on his cheek. He lightly nods his head, moving to open the door. Holy moley he looks like a sloth.

I shoot out of the car, almost tripping over my feet to get to the other side of the car to help my half asleep baby. He already hauled himself out of the and managed to close the car door when he erupts in another fit, coughing violently into his arm.

"Hey hey hey," I say as I run to him. Surprisingly, he moves away, facing his back to me as he continues to cough up his lungs. "Rude," I say jokingly.

"I don't wanna get you sick, babe," He says in his adorable raspy voice.

"You know I don't care," I laugh, running my hand up and down his back. If he won't face me, I'll deal with what I've got. His wheezes die down, and I slip my arms around his waist. I feel his tense shoulders fall and I smile at my effect. My grip loosens as he spins around, his arms holding me close to him.

Holy shit he's so affectionate when he's sick, I can't anymore.

"You're so adorable, Enjyyyyy," I coo. I expected him to push away, playfully glare at me or something like he usually does. Instead, he buries his head into the crook of my neck. A deep breath tickles my neck, and I can't help but chuckle. "Cmon, let's go inside,"

TiMe sKiPy dO dA

Two coughing fits later and I somehow get Enjy inside, up the stairs, into our bedroom and then into comfy clothes. Who would have thought, It's a miracle.

He collapses face first into the bed, starfish style, as I close the blinds. His blond curls cover his face. Holy shit I love those curls. Speaking of curls, I try to curl up into my boyfriend's side, but he doesn't move.

"You dare not accommodate me!" I mock playfully.

"Oh my greatest apologies, my liege," He grins, running his fingers through his head spaghetti, rolling onto his side with open arms.

"Ha, no. No way in hell am I the little spoon," I say. His eye brows furrow. AAHH so cute. "You're siiiiick," I poke. Metaphorically of course, I'm not about to actually poke my sick boyfriend.

"Don't careeee, wanna hug you," He says. Being the two year old he is, he makes grabby hands at me. Resisting the urge to squeal at his cuteness, I shake my head.

"I'm sorry. You're the sick one, therefore you have to be the little spoon. It's just the way of the universe," I shrug with a big ass grin on my face.

"Fuck you, R," He sighs as he maneuvers his way onto his other side.

"Later, you're sick," I laugh as he swats my arm. I drop myself next to him, pulling his back into my chest. His scent floods my senses as I feel my own body sink into the mattress.

"I love you, R. Thank you," He sighs, intertwining our fingers over his chest. I kiss the back of his head with a big ass smile.

"I love you too you stubborn teddy bear,"