Hollow- Lams

"Laurens!" Hamilton screamed across the battlefield. His heart hammered through his chest as he scanned the bloody field with rigour. Tears felt like fire in his eyes, blearing his vision. He cursed himself as he powered his horse around, scanning every single limp body in fear that it was the man he secretly loved.

"Hamilton, What are you doing?" Washington called as tears streamed down Hamilton's pale cheeks.

"John- Where is he?!" Alex screamed, his throat burning. His lungs filled and deflated at a rapid pace. They filled with anxiety and delated with fear. No thought could stay in his brain, besides John's unknown whereabouts.

"Son, Come back home. We'll find him tomorrow. The British might reconsider their retreat," The general sighed, glimpsing around nervously.

"No... No- I have to, I have to f-find him," His hands started to shake, his vision couldn't focus. His neck could no longer support his head. It fell onto his horse as his tears soaked its fur. He whimpered John's name as he tugged on his fiery hair. The horse was a gift from John to Alexander. Its red mane reminded John of him. Sobs shook through Hamilton's small body.

"Alexander," Washington drew his horse up beside Hamilton's. "He might have retreated to camp. We can't guarantee that he's..." He trailed off, not wanting to make matters worse. Hamilton used his sleeve to wipe his red eyes. With a shaky breath, he nodded, trying to stifle his whimpers. He managed to turn his horse around in preparation to lead the remaining troops back to the camp, Hamilton's heart being dragged through the dirt as they rode.

Hamilton had seen John just minutes ago. He was flying across the field, his hair flapping in the wind, bullets flying from his pistol. He looked at Alexander, winking in his direction, making Alexander's heart soar. Every thought was a dagger in the redhead's chest.

"Alexander, don't worry yourself. We have greater matters at risk," Washington said. Hamilton wanted to believe him. He desperately wanted this not to mean anything to him. But he couldn't. He loved John, no matter what anyone else said. Any amount of pain he had ever experienced before was next to nothing compared to the thought of losing John.

He was on autopilot as went to follow his commanding officer. He felt like a ghost, floating meaninglessly through the afterlife, devoid of purpose. There was a small voice, though, trying to yell over the roaring of his darkest thoughts. Its voice became quieter and quieter over the booming thunder of his dark clouds of thoughts.

It was agonising.

He needed to know where John was.

He couldn't live like this.

"Hamilton!" He heard his french friend scream, yanking him out of his thoughts. His head whipped around, his curly red hair smacking him in the face. "Alex! It's John!"

His heart froze.

The next second, Lafayette was in front of him, dragging his horse in the direction he just came from. Alexander saw the fear in his ears, the tears rolling down his cheeks, and he knew. He knew that the love of his life was hurt.

Though his mind was running faster than the speed of light, he managed to grab the reins of his horse.

"Laf! Get on!" He yelled, pulling back the man. He nodded, hoisting himself in front of Alexander and making sure he was secure before riding it into the forest.

Alexander knew that forest. Him and Laurens used to walk around it to distract themselves from the world, and the war, and to forget how sinful their feelings were. His heart was heavy in his chest now, seeing it beaten and shot up now. Bullet holes littered the trees, plants trampled underfoot. Laf's blue coat was balled in his fists to stop them from shaking more than they already were. He forced the tears in his eyes back down. He couldn't let them fall, they would only succeed in confirming that John was dead. He hid his face in Laf's back as they rode, discovering that he was also shaking.