Chapter 15: Date With The Nerd

I've been on plenty of dates and never have I ever been nervous for any of them, until now. As I dress into my floral strapless dress and put on my black stilettos I think about tonight. What if I make a fool out of myself? What if I say something wrong? Wait, what am I thinking? Its a date with Leo, he would be the one messing up. I smooth out my dress and let my blonde curls fall into place

"Honey! Leo is here!" My mom shouts.

"I will be right down!" I shout back. Ok, I'm freaking out now. Deep breaths Clara. I grab my purse and go downstairs. I see Leo in a suit talking to my mom. I must admit, Leo looks handsome in a suit. He spots me coming down the stairs and a huge smile grows on his face.

"Honey you look beautiful." My mom compliments. I blush and hug my mom. I then look to Leo with his mouth a bit open. I giggle and go up to him.

"So, how do I look?" I ask. I do a little twirl with my dress following.

"Amazing." Leo says. I start to blush majorly. He notices and grabs my hand and holds it tightly. "Well we better be off. Thanks Mrs. Hill for making reservations for us."

"No problem Leo, you guys go and have fun." My mom says before leaving us alone. I have a good feeling about tonight.

***

"No way! I wouldn't think you as the bad type." I say giving him a smirk. Leo shrugs before taking another bite of his green salad.

"Everyone is surprised by that. I did actually get a detention when I was younger." Leo admits. I crack up with laughter which makes a lot of people in the restaurant give us the weirdest looks but I couldn't care less. I never knew how funny Leo was, he's sweet and has the best humor. I've never had this much fun on a date, well for ever.

Jack would always just take me to a movie or a party so we wouldn't get to know each other. But with Leo, I now know a lot about him and its good to know that I trust him.

"Thanks for this amazing date Leo and to be honest its the best one I've had." I say and Leo chuckles at my comment.

"Well its the first one I've been on, so you welcome?" He responds. To my surprise I was shocked. A person like Leo is every girls dream.

"Really? This is your first ever Date?" I ask. Leo nods and places his knife and fork down. I start to come to reality, not everyone is perfect and can get a date. Everyone wants someone in their life that they can trust and can talk to so they will listen. But not everyone gets what they wish for.

"If I'm to be honest to you, it took me an hour to get ready." Leo says scratching the back of his head.

"It took me two hours." I say, I just one up him. But I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. He chuckles then stands up.

"Should we get going? The restaurant is actually going to close soon" Leo says. I nod and stand up myself. He puts out a hand for me to take and I never thought in my whole entire life that I would take his hand. But I do, I twist my hand with his and we walk out of the restaurant with our heads held high.

I realized somethings tonight. One of them is that popularity is not a thing. Who cares about what people think about you. Who cares about peoples opinions. You just need a special person in your life. The second thing that I realized is that, I have a secret nerd crush.

THE END

***

That's the end of my short story book! But stay tuned for the epilogue and also I will be posting my next book. So make sure to follow me or search up Lost Then Found By You. (That's the title of my next book) So just search that title up in the next couple of weeks or so. Or I just might give you a heads up in this book somewhere :) Hope you enjoyed SECRET NERD CRUSH!

Missreadsalot101