Chapter 15

The boys had gotten busy with schedules, attending practice, working on new songs, and having meetings—the usual.
The group was currently in the practice room, taking a break from doing rigorous choreography in preparation for their next comeback, all seven huffing boys and puffing as they tried to catch their breaths.

"I miss Y/n." Namjoon admitted, pulling at a loose string on his sweatpants.
Hoseok nodded in agreement. "Things have been a little dull without her."
"You know, I've noticed the characters seem to be effected too." Jin added.
"Tata hasn't been very upbeat lately." Taehyung noted aloud. "None of them have. They miss her."
"I do too." Jimin spoke up.
"Boo-hoo." Yoongi mocked.
The younger member looked over at the rapper with furrowed brows, caught off guard by his sudden snappy behavior.
"What's your deal?"
"Everyone knows she likes you. I don't know why you're so upset."
"What are you talking about?"
"You're the only one who doesn't see it." Yoongi rolled his eyes. "Y/n likes you."
"No she doesn't." Jimin denied, glancing around at the group for confirmation.
No one said a word, their expressions unreadable as they avoided eye contact.
Jimin's face dropped. "How do you guys know? Did she say something to one of you?"
Everyone shook their heads.
"No." Jungkook answered.
"Then, how do you know?" Jimin pressed, his heart pounding, and it wasn't from the rigorous dance practice.
"We don't. Not for sure, anyway." Hoseok spoke up. "It's just the way she acts."
"Yeah. Neither of you are very good at hiding how you feel for each other." Yoongi commented.
Jimin shook his head in denial. "I don't have time for this. I'm not going to believe it unless I hear it from her mouth."
"Good luck with that." Muttered Yoongi.
Namjoon could sense the rising tension in the room and quickly cut in.
"Guys, let's not do this, okay? We've got work to do, we can't be letting stuff like this get to us."
The group nodded in agreement.
"He's right." Jin piped up.

Later that evening at the dorms, Jimin sat on his bed staring at his phone, his thumb hovering over your name in his contacts.
Should I call her? He wondered, his mind replaying the scene in the dance studio earlier that day. He considered just asking you flat out if you really did like him, but every time he imagined how it would go, his stomach twisted in knots.
Chimmy, who was right by his side, saw your name on the screen, an excited noise leaving him in response. Jimin turned to the small dog who had glimmering eyes, looking almost pleadingly into his own.
"You miss her, hm?"
Chimmy nodded.
"I do too. We've just been so busy I haven't had time to talk to her." His lips formed a frown. "Come to think of it, I haven't really been spending much time with you either."

Over the last few days, the characters were left at home with RJ in charge seeing as he was the most levelheaded out of the seven. Koya was a contender, but he sleeps all the time and wouldn't be able to keep an eye on everyone.
Jimin sat upright with a gasp as an idea popped into his head. He was quick to slide off his bed, hurrying into the living room where the members were congregated.
"I just had the best idea." He announced.
"For what?" Questioned Jungkook.
"We're super busy, right?"
"Right." Namjoon nodded.
"Well, I know we put RJ in charge to watch over everyone while we're gone, but what about Y/n? She did offer to watch them."
The members exchanged glances before Hoseok spoke up.
"I think that's a great idea!"
Shooky started bouncing excitedly on one of the couch cushions, showing his support for the idea.
"Get a load of this little guy." Yoongi chuckled softly. "He's so excited."

It had been a week since you last saw the boys and their cute little counterparts. You knew their schedules were swamped, so you decided not to bother any of them and allow them to focus on their jobs.
You were standing in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal, your eyes lingering on the drawing Chimmy gave to you as an unconscious smile tugged at your lips. It was still hard to wrap your mind around the fact that these little characters the guys created are living, breathing, things now. There were times where you would rack your brain trying to figure out how it all came to be, but you always came up empty with no solutions. Maybe it really was magic.
You finished your cereal and rinsed your dishes, placing them in the dishwasher when your phone went off. Grabbing your phone off the couch you glanced at the screen, seeing that it was a text message in the group chat you shared with the boys.

Hoseok
We were wondering if you'd be able to watch the little guys for us while we're off on schedule

Namjoon
We've been so busy these last few days we haven't really been able to spend time with them. They need company

Taehyung
RJ has been in charge but we need a real person to watch over them

Jin
Excuse you. My RJ has done a great job of watching over those little heathens

Yoongi
We need a real person
Plus, they miss you

You
I'll do it!
Just let me know what days I need to be down there and for how long

Within minutes, you received a schedule for the week from Namjoon. It seemed like you'd be at the dorms for a few hours almost every day of the week, except the weekend. According to the schedule, you needed to be at their place tomorrow before 9 AM since they had to leave for practice at that time.
You couldn't contain your excitement and began jumping around the living room in celebration. Not only would you be able to see the boys, even briefly, but you'd get to see the beloved BT21 gang again, whom you missed dearly.

I need to prepare. You thought to yourself, hurrying around your home in search of some bags to carry things in. Recalling everything the characters enjoyed, you rummaged through the items you already had in your possession, figuring out what you could bring with you. Bringing snacks was always a good idea, maybe board games would be fun, maybe you could pick up some dried eucalyptus leaves for Koya on the way to the dorms tomorrow.
In the end, you managed to fill up three bags with things to bring with you, maybe it was overkill, but to you it was just right. Placing the totes by the door, you nodded in approval.
You were ready to babysit BT21.

______________________________________
The last time I updated was October 5, 2022 and it's March 8, 2023 🥲
I'm so sorry you guys have had to wait so long for new chapters. This book isn't my top priority, it's just a side project that, despite my struggles, I'm still sticking with... or trying to, anyway. So please bare with me 🙏🏻