Chapter 9

Published: April 18, 2020
Rewritten: September 7, 2022

Before you left Jimin's room, you gathered a couple blankets and some pillows. Chimmy was carrying a pillow bigger than him and couldn't see where he was walking. You quickly took the cushion from him before he could run into a wall, not wanting him to get hurt. He frowned when he realized you had taken the pillow.
"Sorry Chimmy, I don't want you hurting yourself. I appreciate you helping out, though. You were doing a really good job."
His face brightened when you said that, a smile appearing on his face.

Once you got out to the patio area and laid the blankets and pillows out, you took a seat, Chimmy immediately laying to the left of you, Jimin on your right.
"Wow." He whispered in awe.
"The stars look even better tonight than they did last night." You commented.
The sky seemed to be clearer and the stars appeared to be shining even brighter than the previous night.

The three of you laid out and watched the stars for a little while until the temperature started to drop, causing the air to get a bit chilly. A cool breeze blew by making you shiver. You tried your best to suppress it.
"Are you cold?" Jimin asked, sounding slightly worried.
"A little. We could go back inside, but I want to watch the stars a little longer."
"Me too." He smiled. "Come here." He opneed his arms.
Your heart fluttered at his sweet gesture, your cheeks feeling a bit hot, but you played it off like everything was okay.
You scooted a little closer to him and let him wrap his arm around you. Chimmy noticed you had moved over and was quick to scramble by your side once again, unable to be apart from you. You couldn't help but giggle at his cuteness. Jimin let out a small chuckle as well and used his free hand to pull the blanket up over the three of you, making sure you were shielded from the chilly breeze. Chimmy moved up to where he was cuddled against your shoulder, nuzzling his head in the crook of your neck and sighing contently. You brought your hand up and gently pet the small dog for a moment.
Hesitantly, you laid your head on Jimin's chest, unsure of how he would react. He seemed to stiffen up at first, but relaxed rather quickly, which put your nerves at ease. As you adjusted your head against him, you could hear his heart thumping loudly against his chest.
He's just as nervous as me. You thought.

After the both of you calmed down, you were able to continue looking at the stars in peace, getting used to being in each other's embrace.
"That one looks like a heart." You pointed.
"Tata!" Chimmy squeaked.
"Yes, like Tata." You chuckled.
"That one looks like it's changing colors." Jimin pointed to one.
"Oh, it does! It's really pretty."

The both of you stayed outside and watched the sky until you were ready to go back inside, the tips of your fingers cold to the touch thanks to the night air. Jimin got up and started to gather the blankets, folding them neatly. Chimmy was jumping up and down making noises as he reached upwards towards Jimin.
"You want on Jimin's back?" You questioned.
Chimmy started to pat his shoulders.
"Ah, gotcha. Here you go, buddy."
You lifted the dog up onto Jimin's shoulders and helped gather the pillows off the ground.
"Is that everything?" Jimin asked looking around.
"Yep."
"Alright, let's go. It's getting pretty cold and I don't want any of us to get sick."

You re-entered the dorm and went straight into Jimin's room.
"I'm so tired." You yawned, helping Jimin put away the pillows and blankets.
"It's a little late. Do you wanna just stay here tonight?" He asked.
"I don't have any pajamas."
"Yes you do. You left them here the other day."
"Oh, I did? How convenient."
"So you'll stay?"
"Sure, why not."
Jimin beamed with happiness, his eyes creasing into crescent shapes as a happy giggle escaped his lips. He retrieved the pajamas and handed them to you, allowing you to go to the bathroom down the hall to change. When you returned to Jimin's room, you saw him lying on the bed in his own Chimmy pajamas.
"Jimin." You tried to hold back the smile slowly breaking out on your face.
"I thought it would be cute if we matched." He mentioned shyly.
"It is cute."
You made my way over to the bed and sat down next to him, Chimmy immediately scurrying over, taking a seat on your lap and cuddling close. You grinned and started softly rubbing the top of his head. He let out a quiet noise and closed his eyes, enjoying the feeling.
"You're so cute." Jimin mumbled quietly.
"What was that?"
"Chimmy!" He spoke abruptly in an attempt to cover up his slip-up. "Chimmy is so cute."
"Right. Yeah... he is."
Of course he wouldn't be talking about me.
"I think I'm ready to go to sleep." You mentioned.
"Oh." Jimin seemed a little upset, hoping to stay up a little longer. "Okay."
As soon as you started to move, Chimmy jumped up and clung to you.
"I'm not going anywhere, buddy." You assured him. "I'm just getting under the covers."
He released you and let you get situated. Jimin did the same and shimmied under the covers. Chimmy made himself comfortable next to your head, snuggled into the pillow. Jimin turned off his bedside lamp and laid back down. He was so close that your shoulders were touching.
Your heart pounded so loudly in your chest that you briefly wondered if he could hear it. You want nothing more than to cuddle up with Jimin, but you're far too nervous.
Just do it, Y/n. It's not a big deal. You two cuddled outside. Stop being such a wuss.
Deciding to be brave, you started to scoot closer and turn on your side to where you're facing him.
"Y/n?" He asked, cutting through the silence in the air.
"Sorry, I'm just getting comfortable."
"Oh okay." He responded so quietly you could barely hear, despite him being next to you.
The room went silent and you could hear Jimin's breathing, his face mere inches from hours.
"Y/n?" He whispered.
"Yes?"
"Can we-"

Before he could finish his sentence, the door to his bedroom burst open. You shot up and saw Cooky standing in the doorway.
"Cooky?"
"Haha!" He laughed and ran towards the bed, lunging at both you and Jimin. He landed at the foot of the bed and crawled up next to you, making himself comfortable.
You heard a familiar mischievous laugh coming down the hall. Sure enough, Shooky made his way into the room. He hopped up on the bed as well.
"Guys, I don't think—" Jimin started, but got cut off again.
"Tata?" Tata stuck his head into the room. "Tata!" He exclaimed and ran to the bed.
"Cooky? Where are you?" You heard Jungkook ask from down the hall. "Namjoon, have you seen Cooky?"
"No." Namjoon's voice came from his room down the hall.

Eventually, Jungkook stuck his head into Jimin's room, flipping the light switch, causing you to squint your eyes due to the sudden brightness.
"Y/n? Jimin?"
"Hi." You waved shyly.
"Y/n is still here?" Hoseok screeched from down the hall having heard your name.
He was quick to run into Jimin's room, Mang in his arms.
"Y/n!" Mang exclaimed, reaching for you.
He hopped out of Hoseok's arms and joined the other BT21 characters on the bed.
"I have so many questions." Jungkook mumbled to himself. "Why are they all cuddled up with you?"
"Cooky came in here first." Jimin stated.
"Cooky! You can't do that. Come here." Jungkook held his arms out, the bunny hopped off the bed and walked over to him. Jungkook picked Cooky up in his arms.
"Were you guys having a sleepover?" Hoseok questioned.
"Not necessarily." Jimin said.
"It's late and Jimin just asked if I wanted to stay the night." You explained.
"So you are having a sleepover." Hoseok grinned. "Why are you guys about to go to sleep? We should play games and watch movies!"
"Hobi, I think they want to be left alone." Jungkook mentioned, his voice sounding a little disappointed.
"N-No it's fine." You interjected. "That actually sounds like fun. Right, Jimin?"
You looked to him, hoping he would back you up.
"Yeah. That sounds fun."

When you got up, Shooky and Chimmy hopped off the bed. However, you felt something heavy attached to your waist, making you look down. Tata had his arms wrapped around you and didn't seem to want to let go.
"Tata?"
"Tata!" He grinned happily.
"Fine." You sighed. "You can stay there, I guess."
You and Jimin made your way down the hall with the BT21 intruders right at your feet.
"Guys, we're gonna play a game!" Hoseok announced loudly.
"A game?" Taehyung poked his head out from his room. He stopped when he saw you walking down the hall. His eyes moved to your waist, looking at the new accessory latched onto it.
"Tata? I've been looking for you. Get off her."
Tata frowned and reluctantly let go.
"You can't hang onto people like that. Except me, I don't mind." He grinned.

Everyone gathered in the living room and took a seat on the couch. Yoongi was the last to walk in, dragging his feet as he did so. A confused look graced his features when he spotted you.
"Y/n, you're still here?"
"I am."
"She's spending the night!" Hoseok piped up.
"Oh. She is?"
"Yeah, it's late. I didn't want her going home alone in the dark." Jimin mentioned.
"Good call." Yoongi nodded in approval.
"Why did you bring us all here?" Namjoon asked.
"Yeah, RJ and I were meditating and you ruined it." Jin huffed.
"I thought since Y/n is staying the night we could play some games." Hoseok mentioned.
"Ooh how exciting!" Taehyung clapped. "What kind of games did you have in mind?"
"How about charades?"