Chapter 12

Published: December 31, 2020
Rewritten: September 7, 2022

"Can I talk to you?"

Jungkook seemed surprised at your question, but nodded his head.
"Of course."
You stepped into his room, closing the door behind you so you two would have some privacy. Cooky ran up, clinging onto your leg. You grinned and lifted the pink bunny up into your arms, letting him latch onto you like a child.
"What did you wanna talk about?" Jungkook asked.
"Why did you ask that question during truth or dare?"
Jungkook let out a sigh. "I don't know. It was stupid. Jimin isn't too happy with me."
"I noticed. You made him really uncomfortable, you know." You stated.
"I know and I'm sorry, to both of you."
"He didn't say anything to you, did he?" You questioned.
"About what?" Jungkook asked.
"Like... nothing. Never mind." You sighed, choosing to drop it. "Thanks for letting me talk to you." You set Cooky down and started to walk out.
"Y/n. Wait a second."
You halted your movements and turned towards Jungkook. "Yes?"
"He doesn't know."
"Doesn't know what?" You inquired, your heart rate increasing.
"He doesn't know you like him. He has no idea. He's completely oblivious."
"He doesn't? But... how do you know?"
"We all see the way you act around him. We know you like him." He confessed.
So what they said earlier was true.
You can't help but wonder how long they've known for. You feel like such a fool now.
"You won't say anything, will you?" You asked nervously.
"Of course not. Your secret is safe with me."
You stepped forward, embracing Jungkook in a hug, feeling him tense up before he slowly wrapped his arms around you.
"Thank you, Jungkook. I really appreciate it."
"Sure. No problem." He spoke somberly, giving you a light pat on the back.
You pulled away, with a small smile before leaving the room.

"Y/n!" Someone called out to you as soon as you stepped into the hallway. You spun around on your heel, spotting Jin approaching with RJ in his arms.
"Yeah?" You responded, hoping he didn't hear your conversation with Jungkook.
"Hoseok wants to watch a movie. What do you think?"
"Sure, that sounds like fun."
Jungkook's door opened immediately. "We're watching a movie?"
"We are."
"C'mon let's go." Jin grabbed your hand, guiding you into the living room.
Hoseok and Mang seemed to be way ahead of everyone; the two of them were walking into the room carrying pillows and blankets with them.
"Y/n says she wants to watch a movie." Jin announced.
"Perfect!" Hoseok beamed, tossing the stack of blankets onto the couch, the somewhat neat pile falling over due to the impact.
"I call sitting next to her." Namjoon spoke up quickly, calling dibs on one of the empty spots on either side of you.
"Okay, then I call the other side." Jin said.

You all took your places on the couch and began to settle in. You immediately noticed Jungkook and Jimin were on opposite sides, giving each other the cold shoulder. Their behavior made you feel out of sorts, but given the current situation, you could understand why they don't want to be next to each other.

"Alright, what kind of movie are we watching?" Taehyung asked, clasping his hands together in anticipation.
"Horror."
"Action."
You looked around the room after hearing different answers.
"I'd like to watch an action movie." Jin said.
"Me too." Taehyung and Jimin agreed.
"I want to watch something scary." Jungkook spoke up.
"Yeah. I haven't seen a scary movie in a while." Namjoon added.
"Why can't we watch a romantic movie?" Hoseok asked with a pout.
"Why don't we just let Y/n choose?" Yoongi suggested.
Everyone looked at you, making you slightly nervous being the center of attention.
"I really didn't wanna watch a scary movie." You admitted. "But I'll be okay. You guys just watch whatever you want."
"You sure?" Namjoon asked, a sincere and caring look in his eyes.
"Yeah." You nodded, flashing a brief closed-mouth smile.

You didn't want to stop the boys from watching what they wanted, so you just let them choose. Unfortunately, you ended up choosing a scary movie. Well, it was more of a thriller, which isn't as bad, but there's still jump scares, depending on the movie. To set the mood, Jungkook had turned all the lights off except for a floor lamp in the living room.
"We can turn the movie off if you get too scared or nervous." Namjoon whispered.
You nodded.
RJ crawled off Jin's lap and onto yours, wrapping his tiny, fluffy arms around you the best he could.
"Thanks RJ." You muttered.
"I'd let Koya cuddle with you, but he seems to be sleeping—sorry, I mean thinking deeply." Namjoon corrected.
"Right." You chuckled. "I always forget when he's sleeping he's really just thinking deeply, coming up with his next brilliant idea. He's smart just like you." You looked up at Namjoon, grinning.
He blinked a couple times, a rosy tint blossoming across his cheeks.
The movie started and everyone got quiet. You can admit, you enjoy a good thriller movie every once in a while, but they tend to make you nervous.

At some point during the movie, the main character had broken into the supposed killer's house. The air was dead silent, the only thing that could be heard was the floor creaking with every step the protagonist took. You could feel yourself tense up, knowing something was about to happen. You unconsciously clutched the blanket with your shaky hand, your arm wrapping tighter around RJ. The man in the movie turned a corner, the shadow of the killer standing at the end of the hallway the man was in. You let out a small gasp. RJ buried his head into the blankets, shielding himself.
Mang sat on Hoseok's lap, quivering as both of them covered their eyes. Tata had his arms wrapped tightly around Taehyung, as he kept taking quick glances at the screen. Cooky, however, was leaning towards the TV, his eyes wide with anticipation. He was so engrossed in the movie you were afraid he'd fall off the couch. Shooky appears to have dozed off on a small pillow beside Yoongi, which doesn't surprise you much. You glance over to Jimin. Chimmy was situated in his lap, his face buried in Jimin's chest as his body shook with fear. You felt your heart sink.
Poor bub.
You I love all the cute little characters, but there's something about Chimmy that makes you go soft. Maybe it's because you like Jimin? The characters are somewhat based off the boys themselves, so it would make sense that you're drawn to Chimmy a little more than the others.
You feel someone's thumb pushing in between your brows, pulling you from your thoughts.
"Don't sit there with your eyebrows furrowed like that. You'll get wrinkles." Jin whispered.
"Sorry." You mutter, turning your attention back to the TV.
"What are you thinking about that's got you so... scrunched up?"
"It's nothing." You shake your head.

The man was now searching through a desk drawer, probably trying to find some sort of evidence that the house owner is indeed a murder. Suddenly, two gloved hands sneak up behind the protagonist and clamp over his mouth. It happened so fast you couldn't register it. You jumped, letting out a small squeak in surprise.
Namjoon and Jin immediately wrapped their arms around you in unison. Namjoon did it in a sort of protective way, Jin on the other hand was pretty much just clinging to you for emotional support, his face buried in the couch cushion behind your head.
Jungkook's pitchy laugh fills the room as he laughs at his older members, his hands clutching his stomach as he doubled over.
"Hey, stop laughing. Y/n is scared." Jin scolds the youngest.
"More like you're scared." Jungkook laughed even harder.
"Y/n, are you okay?" Jimin asked.
"Yeah. I'm fine." You gave him a reassuring smile.
His eyes immediately trailed down to your shaking hands.
"Really, I'm fine." You insist before he can ask again.
"Okay." He nodded, turning his attention back to the movie.
You had to admit, you were shaken up, but it's nothing you couldn't handle. This movie will keep you on edge, but despite your reaction, you're actually pretty invested in it.

Namjoon and Jin pulled away, though Jin's arm stayed wrapped firmly around yours. His large, brown eyes stare widely at the screen. A small grin tugs at your lips as you glance back at the TV. You were distracted for a moment, so you missed a minute or two of the movie. The main character appeared to be fighting with the murderer. He smashes a glass vase against his head and scrambles to his feet, running through the house. He tries to open a bedroom door but it's locked. He can hear the killer getting up off the ground. The protagonist looks around frantically and notices a small space between a shelf and the wall of the hallway. He silently slides into the hiding place and shallows his breathing as he listens to the light thud of the murder's boots against the wood floor. The steps start getting closer, the man squeezes his eyes shut. He can tell the murderer is a few feet away.
You turned to Jin, seeing how tense he is. The TV screen shows the main character biting his lip, holding his breath and waiting for the killer to find him. A sinister idea pops into your mind, seeing how distracted Jin is. You stealthily reach out towards him, grabbing his sides and yelling, "Boo!"
"AAAHHH!" Jin lets out the loudest scream you'd ever heard.
Your prank seems to affected Hoseok, who was sitting nowhere near you. He jumped, his eyes wide. You burst into a fit of laughter along with Jungkook, Jimin, and Namjoon. You even earned a few small laughs from Yoongi.
"Hey! Y/n, that's not funny. Why would you scare me like that? You're so evil! You know how scared I get, you know I'm sensitive, why would you just scare me like that I thought we were friends? How could you? I feel betrayed! Seriously, that wasn't funny at all!" He went on one of his famous tangents, hardly taking a breath as he scolded me. "RJ you're sitting in her lap. You saw her going to scare me and you didn't say anything? My own son betraying me. This is mutiny!" He ranted.
The alpaca gave him an apathetic grin.
"Betrayal." Jin sighed dramatically.